Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Mustang w/full schedule

Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default New Mustang w/full schedule

Picked up my new Vista Blue GT only 2 weeks ago and the local paint shop and speed shop have had it more then me. Had silver racing stripes custom painted on vehicle along with 3d carbon hood scoop and c-pillar vents within the first week. Shop just installed Magnaflow cat backs today. Next tueday back to paint and body (few things in the paint I didn't like and need fixed). Then it's already scheduled to go back to PSI motorsports for JLT CAI, SCT tuner, 3.73 rear end (or UDP can't decide which to do first), and a custom dyno tune. I think I may have come down with the mod bug that I have been hearing about.

This is my first Mustang and I want to do it right. Can anybody suggest some more mods that may work with a future S/C? I have to wait till after the first of the year for the S/C!

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang w/full schedule

If you are going to put a S/C on then do not get the UDP's. You would have to change back to the stock pullies when you installed the S/C. Most make of S/C recommend the 3.73 gears, so that is what I would go with.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

+1 you will have to take off the UDP's to put on an S/C
and from what i recal CMDP delete plates or whatever the hell they're called are useless for S/C also because the supercharger already deletes them anyways

The mods you have planned right now seem great, 3.73 sound good for supercharging in the future. I dont know much about tires and suspension, but i believe stickier tires would be a great investment especially if you're going F/I in the future and i believe LCAs are usually the first suspension upgrade?
Also look into long tube headers and a x/h pipe, and i believe you need 1.75" collectors (instead of 1.625") if you are going S/C in the future
Old 05-18-2007, 12:05 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Thanks, So it looks like the gears are the way to go. Then some suspension. I've also been reading about one peice drive shafts and how they can help with both horse power and weight. Maybe thats something I need toput on my list!

I was definetly thinking tires and wheels. I really dont know much about either. I guess I need to read up some more and check out some. I saw a Gt at PSI this afternoon that had some nice looking Rousch rims and Nitto 555. I liked the look.

Anybody have anything else I should be looking at? Or any advice on wheels and tires, especialy sizes and types. I am wrking on the car as more of a weekend driver. Something to have a little fun with. I wont be doing any real racing but never know if I might want to take it to a track someday. I guess for me its about building something kind of unique. Well I guess I'm not planning on doing much of the actual building, maybe I shoudl have said having something built thats unique!