Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Confused and scared!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:28 PM
GOATKILLER
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Confused and scared!

FIRST OF ALL, GET THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE ABOUT A V6 BEING ALMOST AS FAST, AND ALSO YOUR FALSE HOPE OF A RICE BURNER EVEN HAVING A CHANCE OF KEEPING UP! WHEN MY BROTHER WAS LOOKING AT CARS ABOUT A YEAR AGO, WE TEST DROVE A 350Z AND IT WAS NOTHING BUT CRAP. THE ACCELERATION WAS WEAK, AND THE ENTIRE SUSPENSION AND PEDAL SET UP FELT LIKE A TOY THAT WAS ABOUT TO BREAK. 350 Z'S ARE JUST AN OVERHYPED, OVERPRICED PRETENDER, AND IF YOU DONT THINKS SO, THEN TRADE IN YOUR V6 AND GET A Z CAUSE IT SOUNDS TO ME YOU LOVE RICE BURNERS.....SO WHY DONT YOU PUT A LITTLE SOY SAUCE ON IT AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM............LOSER!

BTW, IF YOU EVER WANT TO RACE, JUST PM ME AND ILL SHOW YOU WHAT A REAL GT IS ALL ABOUT.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i traded a 02 v6 in on my 06 gt,my v6 had duals,headers,and a intake,but when i test drove my gt,the power it had was awesome and i knew i had to have it,i know i went from a v6 but i made the best choice i ever made,
Old 05-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Beastang

Was it a stick or auto. I had the 05 V6 auto and I went to a dealer who had an 05 V8 stick I have had many high performance cars in the past and presently I own a 72 Nova SS with 500 to the rear. But the V8 was far and above like going from a scooter to a real performance car the difference was not even close I got great money for my V6 and drove away later that afternoon and it was the S**T.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:52 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

rofl, unless they made a mistake and putted a v8 on ur car. i think u are nuts, also your open differencial doesnt drive like a posi gt
Old 05-20-2007, 03:05 PM
legendlime
2nd Gear Member

I believe that the Z and the GT weigh about the same...
Chris
Old 05-20-2007, 03:09 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I've driven both. The Z was smaller/quieter/lower and slower. They do handle nice, but I like to hear the sound of a V8.Oh, and one of thethe main reasons I'm driving a GT isbecausethey're friggin cool. I mean c'mon, the Mustang turns heads. It'sa muscle car, the Z is not. I just simply feel better/younger/cooler/cockier in the Mustang. That's my 2 cents.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Blinkwise
1st Gear Member

i was looking at cars that were 05, so this guide helped me choose which one of these 3 cars i wanted (mustang gt, rx8, or 350z)

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...6/pageNumber=8

mustang wins btw
Old 05-20-2007, 03:14 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Dude wtf get the GT !!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

another point to think about with the GT vs 350z, the vq35 (mootor in the 350z) is tuned to the MAXIMUM. there is acctually a loss of power with most mods. the 4.6 v8 in the GT is a mod motor, it LOVES teh mods! and mods for the GT are much cheaper than for the 350. my friend has a g35, same motors as the 350z just a more "luxurious" version with a backseat, and a cold air intake is like 1000 dollars w/o a tune. gears? dont even think about them in the 350z they are mad expensive!! get the GT u wont regret it.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:57 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Did you test drive an auto? The first 07 GT I test drove was an auto because that's all they had, and it was a real dog. I didn't let that discourage me since I wanted a manual. I waited a bit and got the manual I wanted and haven't looked back since.

Some of these compact cars definitely feel faster than they are, not sure if it's the riding height, gearing, noise inside the cabin.

Quick Reply: Confused and scared!