Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New code? WTF? Need help on this one

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Default New code? WTF? Need help on this one

OK, I went to the strip (HRP) for the first time last friday. On what was gong to be my second run, my car jumps off the line then goes to forced idle.[:@] It took a minute but I finally figured to kill it then restart it and got it running again. I didn't write the code #s down but it was something about throttle actuator stuck open and then the forced idle. I checked everything out, let the car cool and run it again. Got through the quarter and off the strip and she goes to forced idle. This time though I've got extra codes. Now the actuator is stuck open and the next code it's stuck closed plus I've got too lean codes. My last pass everything worked but when I got to the end I made sure to give it some gas so it woudn't think it was stuck closed and that seemed to work.

I know I need the good driver mod anyhow but I also need it to get off the line without going to idle.
Anyone know where I can pick up that good driver mod and how much it costs?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New code? WTF? Need help on this one

So am I the only one that has got the throttle actuator stuck codes? Anyone have an idea what could be causing it?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

You can say goodbye to your throttle body. Mine did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. It will probably get worst.

Did your car go into limp mode?

Pat

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

So am I the only one that has got the throttle actuator stuck codes? Anyone have an idea what could be causing it?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:49 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Its the TB.....pretty much all aftermarker TBs are crap for our car...very few work. You pretty much get a nice shiny paper wieght when you get one...
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Its the TB.....pretty much all aftermarker TBs are crap for our car...very few work. You pretty much get a nice shiny paper wieght when you get one...
+1
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

OFW. The TB came with a tuner at least, package deal. What I don't get is the TB worked fine, or at least seemed to, and would go back to normal when I shut the car off and turned it back on. At least it only died on the starting line once. Each time it would go into the forced idle. The TB has been on the car for about 10,000 miles or so. I just wish I could blame that on my crappy times. Unfortunately, those times were a combination of stock street tires and the driver. I did beat a brand new GTO that night at least, even not driving worth a #^@%.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Mine did exaclty that at first. The stock TB is also a piece of crap....

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

OFW. The TB came with a tuner at least, package deal. What I don't get is the TB worked fine, or at least seemed to, and would go back to normal when I shut the car off and turned it back on. At least it only died on the starting line once. Each time it would go into the forced idle. The TB has been on the car for about 10,000 miles or so. I just wish I could blame that on my crappy times. Unfortunately, those times were a combination of stock street tires and the driver. I did beat a brand new GTO that night at least, even not driving worth a #^@%.