Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ZEX Nitrous installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX Nitrous installed

Why does everyone want to stereotype someone else's mods or style with these damn RICERS From my point of view they don't even exist.We're the american muscle,the motor heads,The so called ricers feed off dreams of being like us...So lets not compare or call someone that.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:28 AM
airbillster
1st Gear Member

I did a LOT of research before going with my ZEX kit (125 shot) and it's TOTALLY safe if it's done right. To me 6k to $8000.00 for a turbo or supercharger installed is just crazy!! I'm makin over 400hp to the wheels when I need it for $700.
ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

wasent trying to be rude just to trying to enlighten you

Enlighten him? Fill me in on your comment and how that was supposed to enlighten him? Is it because he has N20 in his car? Nothing wrong with that, there not just for Honda's.
in your opinion.
i feel its basically cheating. making some quick potentially dangerous power that your car cannot produce on its own. just seems like something ricers do. not something for raw american power. im sorry if i offended you. i dont want to get into an argument. its just my opinion.
A Blower can be a potential dangerous power adder that the engine could not produce that kind of poweron it's own? right? Its just a power adder like all the other stuff you can install on your engine. He just chose to do it that way then another.

If you cant afford a blower, turbo, ect and you dont care if your motor blows up (Its all in the tune!")and you want to go really fast and quick, Nitrous is the best bang (No pun intended) for the buck.

I see your point of view though.

In my early years (Way Back) LOL, way back when Nitrious first was coming onto the scene, It was a quick way to throw on some power and whip your buddie or street racer. But that was then and now its a norm. I used to think it was cheating, because i had money in my stuff and someone with less could just throw on a plate and give me a run for the money. Just the way it is.

Ricers do it because its big dollars to make them little motors go, so its the cheapest way to power.

Just my opinion.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

I have often thought of spraying but, im just afraid of the BANG, KABOOM part! LOL

I guess alot of systems like the ZEX is pretty fail safe from what i have read but, what if you PCM hick--ups or something at the wrong time? Plus the other aspect is filling the bottle. How many runs can you get at the track? Plus, your either on it or your not, not like blower or something that maybe more linear in the power band and never runs out but then you have the problems assoiated with that set up too. Tunes got to be right, what if the system goes lean, ect.... I guess which ever power adder you use, the tune has to be right for any of it to work safely. You got them pro 5.0 guys running 7 sec.s with the stuff but then thats the extream with stronger motors and not our powdered rods flyin thru the block. I agree, 6 -7G's is crazy money but if you want to play you have to pay.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Ezio350 please disregard the ignorance and keep us posted on your progress. Very interested to see your numbers. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I am with the S/C or turbo crowd on this one. The power is there all the time, not by hitting a button...yeah its instant HP but it just doesnt do it for me.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Don't see how people call N2O and turbos rice when both were being used before "rice" plauged the streets. They both work very well. Never really felt that usingN2O is cheating. Now if you run someone and tell them that your not spraying when you are thats a bit lowball.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

wasent trying to be rude just to trying to enlighten you

Enlighten him? Fill me in on your comment and how that was supposed to enlighten him? Is it because he has N20 in his car? Nothing wrong with that, there not just for Honda's.
in your opinion.
i feel its basically cheating. making some quick potentially dangerous power that your car cannot produce on its own. just seems like something ricers do. not something for raw american power. im sorry if i offended you. i dont want to get into an argument. its just my opinion.
As always a noob w/o any real mods crying nitrous. Do you want more tissue or you have enough? Nitrous has been out there for a long long time prob b4 you started racing. Not wanting to burst your bubble but I would think in many cases nitrous is even safer than running a blower. I am running a 150 shot on the stock block for over a year now. Know anyone passing 450rwhp and over 500 tq on a s/c that hasn't blown the engine yet. I just had to get a BAP nothing else. The power is there when you need it point end of story just like most KB's. KB's have a valve that until you pass 3/4 throttle it is not compressing air it is just moving air. This is a nice mod to keep the heat temperatures down.

Andrew

Andrew
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 AM
thesilentchase

Doesn't the use of nitrous come from WWII? In the Pacific islands with short runways our warplanes needed to build speed on take-off faster. How is that "rice'?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just can't keep away from the History Channel.

why dont you put a fart cannon exhaust on there too?

come on dude. you have a mustang not a honda
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

are u friggin serious dude? grow up. thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. nitrous is not a "ricey" mod. use your head. its a poweradder that adds 100+ hp instantly and makes the torque curve into a ridiculous flatline.

think before you speak.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:16 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thesilentchase

Doesn't the use of nitrous come from WWII? In the Pacific islands with short runways our warplanes needed to build speed on take-off faster. How is that "rice'?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just can't keep away from the History Channel.

Yes actually,

It was used by the germans in WW2 to get some extra power to out climb allied aircraft.

History channel Rocks!

Quick Reply: ZEX Nitrous installed