Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i think the car is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i think the car is totalled

Wow that sucks, are you going to get another stang or go a different route? Your car is definately totaled that's quite a bit of money in repairs since it's a lot of body work and much more. Glad you are okay!

-Jeff
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bonedaddyjr06

haha there are two good wheels.....i mean like most of the drivers side is untouched.....but i dont think the insurance company would like me just leaving them a frame :-p
glad you are ok. The car is yours and you paid the insurance to cover any financial loss you may have and to make sure your finance company get their money. You can take any part you want.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

but i couldnt just go and gut it could i? i mean i couldnt have it sitting on blocks and stuff could i?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Glad your ok. That really sucks though.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
kiki07gt
1st Gear Member

Wow man... Car looks nasty! Glad you are ok! At what point did you wake up and realize what was going (had gone) on?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

but i couldnt just go and gut it could i? i mean i couldnt have it sitting on blocks and stuff could i?
Its your car. You policy does not state that if the car is totalled, you give the car to the insurance company. Most people don't realize that you pay insurance to cover any financial loss.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:15 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Man sorry about your loss, just glad you're ok.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: owero01

Its your car. You policy does not state that if the car is totalled, you give the car to the insurance company. Most people don't realize that you pay insurance to cover any financial loss.
Don't you have to buy it back from the insurance company if you want to take stuff off of it to sell? But then again there are a ton of insurance agency's and every one of them is different in dealing with total losses.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's always been my understanding that when the car is total the insurance company is essentially buying the car from you or your bank, so it's their car at that point.

If the wheels are aftermarket then you can take them and put your stock wheels back on, but you can't just gut the car. Once you except the insurance money you have sold the car to the best of my knowledge. It would be best to ask your insurance company.

ORIGINAL: owero01

Old 05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

glad to hear you're ok!

Quick Reply: i think the car is totalled