Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Don't use your A/C at the track!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Don't use your A/C at the track!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Getaway

No need for Brenspeed or others...

If you have the latest revision on your Predator, go to the OEM Select menu under Options. Choose the C&L RACER Tune. Go through the install steps, but when you get to Install Tune/Modify Tune, choose Modify. Add 10% to the MAF Table, and click OK. Escape out to theInstall/Modify window, and Install the tune.

I don't recall if there is an Octane option, but I run 93. I want to say the tune is safe for 91 though... if you think you hear any knocking with 91 octane, pull 2 degrees from Global Spark in the Modify Tune area then re-install.
I actually think I added a degree or two of Global Spark for my 93 octane, but I don't remember and would have to check the handheld.

Kinda went on and on there didn't I? [sm=icon_blah.gif]
Brenspeed and B ama tunes are some of the best out there....just making the changes you mention will not be near what their tunes are.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

In an auto, you may be right because there are other parameters to adjust. However, in a manual, air/fuel is either on or it isn't. Shift firmness and other settings mean squat.

If someone wants to pay for a dyno, I'll be happy to compare the two, but I bet the difference, if any, would not be worth the $75 or whatever the "other guys" charge for their tune vs. this one for FREE.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Diablosport uses a dyno when writing their tunes same as the others. They are the creators of the hardware/software others are using. The tune I gave was fromDiablosport via telephone.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I'm not trying to knock those other vendors, but if you have a 5-speed manual 2006 Mustang GT (like me)...I highly suggest this tune. It is straight from the source, and with myroughly 7,000 miles of experience with it, I am a satisfied customer.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

bluestar,i been thinking about calling bama chips,do you have a canned tune or did you go thru them.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

getaway,could you tell a big improvement when you took the tube out?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have run the stock predator tune and 2 of Doug @ B ama tunes.....the stock diablo tune was nothing compared to that of dougs....i noticed a little pick up with the stock tunes, but Dougs tunes transformed my car to a complete different animal...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

thats why i'm leaning towards b ama chips.with the predator tune,i still have a little lag sometimes but sometimes it takes off instantly.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Yes, BIG improvement. Intake size becomes massive when removing the venturi...bigger than C&L Racer. That's why you are adding to the MAF table on top of that tune. I have no lag...look at my R/T and 60' inthe first post.

This is not a stock tune. The stock tune in the predator will not run without the venturi. You are using all custom parameters that were setup for the C&L Racer, then adjusting the MAF to get your air/fuel ratio correct for the additional airflow via Airaid.

I'd really like to see a dyno comparison of the tunes, but even then people would doubt dyno results. If I spent the extra money, I'd want to believe it was that much better too.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

getting back to the original post - a 1.9 60ft on stock tires is nothing to sneeze at

Quick Reply: Don't use your A/C at the track!!!!!