Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got jacked!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:15 PM
ytix
1st Gear Member

Default I got jacked!

I am furious and my eyeballs feel like they're gonna pop out of my head if I don't tell someone about my rage!

Late yesterday afternoonI was swapping the stock midpipe out of my car and had placed it on the floor of the open garage next to the replacement (aluminized steel Pypes H-pipe). I needed a break so I went inside to the adjoining kitchen to have a cold brew. An hour and a half later I return to the garage to find the stock midpipe missing! I can't believe my eyes. Cops and neighbors say I'm a ding-dong for leaving my garage open and I probably am. But how did someone make off withthat heavy, unweildy, clanging midpipe while I was in the VERY NEXT ROOM?

I still have my offroad H-pipe thoughI'd like to have my originalmidpipe if I need to go back to stock at some point in the future. Can anyone help a brother out and suggest a vendor or forum member from whom I could get a reasonably priced new take-off midpipe?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I got jacked!

It's probably one of yourneighbors scum-bag friends or maybe your neighbor themselves...........I hate people sometimes.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I used to leave my garage open but do not any longer
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you need the large, barking dog mod.

Sorry for the loss, but I suspect you'd need look no further than a neighborhood teenager as the culprit.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

That's a weird one....ask the folks on the left and right....
Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 PM
ytix
1st Gear Member

Yeah,the officer I spoke with asked if I knew who helped themselves to my midpipe and I said "no" but I agree it was most easily perfomed by someone nearby with alot of storage space. And the thing that gets me is the daring nature of the theft and that whoever it is is watching carefully enough to (relatively) quickly capitalize on moments when my guard is down.

Anyway,so no advice on where to obtain a replacement stock midpipe?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Funny...cant belive it..
****, could be worse, at least they left the off road behind.

The way I see it, in a few years you be able to pick up the stock mid pipe anywhere.

For now, try a board member but you best bet would be the Junk yard...Im sure there are
plenty of wrecked cars out there...
matter of fact someone on here just totalled there car, ask him for his.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:32 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ytix

Yeah, the officer I spoke with asked if I knew who helped themselves to my midpipe and I said "no" but I agree it was most easily perfomed by someone nearby with alot of storage space. And the thing that gets me is the daring nature of the theft and that whoever it is is watching carefully enough to (relatively) quickly capitalize on moments when my guard is down.

Anyway, so no advice on where to obtain a replacement stock midpipe?
Also, watch your butt...someone is watching you...I had my car stolen 91 GT fully suped up...20k in parts
Old 05-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear this, but seriously what are the odd's that someone actually knew what they were taking in this case. I think it's just some crackhead gonna take it to a scrap yard and sell it for $5.00. Be thankful they didn't take the new one. BTW my Rottweiler wouldn't let something like that happen to me
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Sorry that happened. Definitely someone watching while you were working. You may want to check on Ebay as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got jacked!