Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For those of you using th Airaid CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default For those of you using th Airaid CAI

I spoke with Brent from Brenspeed this morning and he informed me that if you wanted a tune for the airaid you can get a tune with the restrictor still installed but wont get the full benefit. If you tune the airaid cai w/o the restrictor and have to take it to the dealer you can change back to the stock tuneif you reinstall the MVT restrictor. So if your in the type of situation that I'm in(no stock airbox) or you just dont fell like changing back to the stock airbox when going to the stock tune then you do not have to.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:33 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: For those of you using th Airaid CAI

see..i already have it ti=uned with the MVT. With the description I assumed that taking out the MVT on a lightly modded motor like mine was not gonna make a huge difference. Any idea if they'd retune it for me without the whole $125 charge again?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BillyBobJoe

see..i already have it ti=uned with the MVT. With the description I assumed that taking out the MVT on a lightly modded motor like mine was not gonna make a huge difference. Any idea if they'd retune it for me without the whole $125 charge again?
If you bought it from him I dont see why not, if you didnt buy it from him ask him I'm sure he'll work with you on it. I emailed them last night at 8pm and had a call back by 6:30 this morning and he convinced me that I didn't need to spend the extra money on a new cai. With the restrictor it's basically like having a fairly stock intake as I understand it you get some but alot of gain, if you pull it then you have 100mm tube and HAVE to tune it. Like I said though the improtant part is that you can re-install the restritor. If he doesnt charge you it might be worth it to get a tune for it w/o the restrictor.His call actually woke me up this morning [&:].
Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the input mike,i have the predator tuner.i thing b reenspeed works on the sct,but i'm going to call b ama chips next week.both are the best i heard.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Placed order for my tuner from brenspeed today, cant wait
Old 05-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I have the Airaid kit and I can tell you this.....Get the B-Speed tune with the MVT removed you won't believe the change...... As far as tuning back to stock, it's simple, put the tube back in, retune to stock and your good to go. I had to do this when my car wasup for inspection 'cause the tune had the rear O2 Sensors turned off, no big deal.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I ordered the tuner yesterday I asked them to leave the rear sensors on though for smog purposes. Bremspeed is closed for the holiday weekend so I'm hoping week after next I'll be tuning my car