Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need help ASAP!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help ASAP!!!

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

I just took my car in today to the shop to have the longtube headers, delete plates, underdrive pulleys, and the b ama tune put in. We werent able to put any of these on the car. First, we tried loading the b ama tune onto the SCT Xcal 2 hand held tuner device. The tune would start to copy over onto the SCT but at 100%, an error on the computer screen would pop up saying download failure. We were using the live load software. Not only was the software updated, but so was the firmware for the Xcal2. Everything was updated and ready to go. All three tunes by B ama were on the laptop and we tried loading everything onto the tuner. It didnt work. Any solutions to this problem? I called JJ at Woodbine Motorsports while I was at the shop and he said to just make sure the software was updated. He also said he could send me the tunes through email BUT I wasnt sure if I could get my money back from B ama. Also, I have heard good things about B ama's tune. Is my Xcal2 just a dead device? My car is sitting at the shop, almost an hour away, and I dont want this project to turn into a month long deal. Any advice? Have any of you running the B ama tune or any custom tune off of the SCT Xcal2 come upon this type of problem?

Hi tonkpils,

Do you have a CAI kit? If notwhy didn't you do the mechanical work before tring to reflash the ECU? At least the shop couldbe installing all of your other new parts whileyou get the tuner issues resolved. You boughtqan SCTtuner froma Forddealer? Why didn't you buy it from Doug in the first place and save yourselfthe boat loadof trouble you are in right now? I suggest that you return the SCT tuner to the dealer for a ful refund,it probably has issues or is not the correct part numberfor your car's ECU anyway. Call Doug up NOW and order the tuner from him with your tunes already installed on it. Pay the extra money to get it overnighted or at least shipped 2nd-day air to you and go back and flash the ECU. You made a series of what appear to have been small mistakesand this is why you are where you are today. Are you sure the shop you are having do the workknows how to update the SCT? It is prettymuch a no branier and impossible to screw up unless the part numbers are the incorrect ones. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Cheers

Old 05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I'm with F1 on this one.

Never ever never buy a tuner from one place and a canned tune from the other. Should have got the Tuner from doug, hands down. I also think it is the tuner as well.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

hahaha... thanks for the advice I could have used back in September... moving ON!!! I realize that I should have bought the tuner from Doug and I already labeled this as my mistake. I need help on HOW TO LOAD THE TUNE ONTO THE SCT!!! ...

Actually, I dont need help anymore, thanks for the replys everyone. The mechanic was able to mess with it and some how get the tunes loaded onto the SCT...