Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whats the next mod? plz help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Whats the next mod? plz help

You're easy...lol

#1 - get rid of your TB

#2 - Get a custom tune if available in your area and a canned tune from someone like Doug if there's not.

#3 - Should have got 4.10 gears in the first place but oh well.

#4 - get a good CA set-up (BMR or CHE)

#5 - An aluminum DS is not going to give you any problems if you buy from a known vendor and it is installed correctly. (known vendors = Powerhouse, spydershaft, JPC)

#6 - I'd look into a good flywheel/clutch set-up and a shifter

#7 - Che Performance Brace with Engine Torque Limiters

#8 - Some DR's if you plan on going to the track

#9 - Mezuire EH20 Pump

That's a good start while you're saving for FI...

Since most guys end up fgetting FI eventually, I try to recommend mods that you will still be able to use with your FI kit later. It sucks buying mods that become irrelevant when you get a s/c kit. Best to get mods you can always use IMO.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 PM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

this is all great ........... but if i had the option, would u guys suggest that i save some money n get a supercharger or a procharger ?????

plus my mods ... that will be an extra 150 wrhp [:-]..................................... but obviously i will need to get better tires andbetter brakes.

almost 5500$ for the SC, 2300$ for brembo brakes, and maybe 3000$ for new rims n tires! ............ right?

well, that is alot of money, n i know that ...... but ...... i've never had a SC car, so i dont know what is the risk of having it and the trouble of breakin down!!!!!

what do u guys think?
keep it naturally aspirated? ............ or buy the blower? ................
Old 05-30-2007, 01:58 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you wil need $1500 in suspension too.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you wil need $1500 in suspension too.
already have that .... Roush full suspension kit (stage 3)
Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

As of right now I'm gonna be ordering the c&l intake and tune, o/r h-pipe and 4.10 gears. Later down the road my next mods are gonna be LCA's, Eibach pro-kit, aftermarket driveshaft, and Hurst shifter. After I get alittle performanceand suspension and better ride quality, I'm gonna get some new rims and a cowl induction hood.

Give Brent a call at Brenspeed and he'll hook you up with what you need. Other than that I'd get the o/r midpipe, LT headers, or the driveshaft. I thought aftermarket 1 piece DS's were around $400 or so, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

akawi...

You dont NEED brake upgrades...you dont need rims and tires...

I've driven a S/C car before my stang, and its just like driving a normal car, except for boost.

Now, granted...you'll need tires, if you abuse yours now and ruin them, but you can do that without a blower...

as for brakes, that also depends on your driving....how fast are you really going to be going?!? if your driving stupid and braking REALLY hard, then obviously you'll go through brakes, but again, you can do that with these cars STOCK!

if the money is available, go for the blower...dont push it to the max until you've learned how to handle the added power, and during that break in time, you will be able to recognize what your next move will be...you may get it and baby it and wait for some suspension upgrades or whatever, but the brakes and tires are depending on your driving....

Old 06-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

brakes?