Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas Prices!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gas Prices!?

I love my car, wouldnt trade it for the world. That being said I wouldnt mind if gas was cheaper. I would like it very much infact.....who wouldnt? For me; cheaper gas means more driving the car I love. More money for gas means less for mods or vice versa lol. Its just the math of the situation, Im not rich. So to those that want to vomit or get upset with the complainers.....you mean to say you dont feel the same way? I mean come on...sure youve found a rationale that makes you "feel" better about the situation but the fact still remains we would all be very happy to pay less to power our muscle cars. I accept the situation and for the moment I can bear it as a lot of americans are doing. One day the math might not add up and I wont be able to...untill then, Ill grit my teeth just alittle and pay.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

No ofense to you guys as I am a new member here but this argument makes me vomit. You guys bought a muscle car, did you expect econobox economy? Did any of you think before you bought your car? I bought a gt because I wnated a muscle car but before I did I sat down and thought about it and concluded that no matter what it costs I wanted it.

If I wanted economy I would have bought a diesel vw that gets 50mpg and called it a day. As far as toyota being more reliable, please dont make me vomit. I can show you endless domestics that have way more miles than toyota or honda on average. You guys ever wonder why fleet vehicels are usualy domestics? Also check out NYC, it has to have one of the worst if not the worst trafic places in the country and taxicabs here average 500k to 600k easily within 5years of use. Those forsd use the same lump thats in our cars. They tried using toyotas as taxicabs here and their breackdown rate was so high that the companies junked them within 16months, there is less than 1% toyota cabs here now.

I have had it with this stupid bs, from personal experince domestics last longer and give better fuel economy on the long run than domestics. Ive got a budddy with an economy sentra that barely gets 22mpg highway with that pos, I average 20mpg highway with an astrovan. Pathetic.

Freaking car and driver and consumer reports has brainwashed 1/2 this country if not more. Go out and see for yourself and then decide what is what. ANd for gods sake read real automotive publications like wards and look at comercial companies if you want value.
True dat. Long live the muscle car.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

No ofense to you guys as I am a new member here but this argument makes me vomit. You guys bought a muscle car, did you expect econobox economy? Did any of you think before you bought your car? I bought a gt because I wnated a muscle car but before I did I sat down and thought about it and concluded that no matter what it costs I wanted it.

If I wanted economy I would have bought a diesel vw that gets 50mpg and called it a day. As far as toyota being more reliable, please dont make me vomit. I can show you endless domestics that have way more miles than toyota or honda on average. You guys ever wonder why fleet vehicels are usualy domestics? Also check out NYC, it has to have one of the worst if not the worst trafic places in the country and taxicabs here average 500k to 600k easily within 5years of use. Those forsd use the same lump thats in our cars. They tried using toyotas as taxicabs here and their breackdown rate was so high that the companies junked them within 16months, there is less than 1% toyota cabs here now.

I have had it with this stupid bs, from personal experince domestics last longer and give better fuel economy on the long run than domestics. Ive got a budddy with an economy sentra that barely gets 22mpg highway with that pos, I average 20mpg highway with an astrovan. Pathetic.

Freaking car and driver and consumer reports has brainwashed 1/2 this country if not more. Go out and see for yourself and then decide what is what. ANd for gods sake read real automotive publications like wards and look at comercial companies if you want value.
Way to go, Newbie! Tell it like it is.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Folks, I pay $3.55 for 87 oct. here in Colorado and $3.25 for diesel. Whatever you all are paying, why not get a Capital One No Hassle Visa Card like me. You get 5% rewards on gas and food, and medicine purchases and 1% on anything else. So at 5%, I am paying around 18 cents less per gallon that non capitaol one users. Just a thought.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Michigan, $3.69 for 93.

Gasoline prices are higher this year so far then they were last year after Katrina. Even if gas prices go down in a few weeks, they will be at or above $4/gal by the end of the summer. Also, why hasn't the price of crude oil hit record highs also. Next summer we'll be having this same discussion but gas prices will be nearing $5/gal.

I'd be perfectly happy driving a Tesla Roadster, or a car with a Hydrogen fuel cell. I hate Hybrid cars, I'll switch when they have a decent car that doesn't use petro based fuel.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Gas is 3.27 for premium here in Chandler AZ. I average about 11-12 MPG and I love it. I like knowing that when a VIPER or even a Z06 pulls next to me that I can smoke it.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

We pay 3.29 for 87 and 3.49 for premium right now. It's down about 7 cents since last week.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

2.85 here in Mexico for 92 octane
Old 05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

The gas doesn't bother me, Yet.........

Reason:

I went from driving a 03 Chevy silverado pickup the got 16mpg on a good day on the open road and held 26 gallons of fuel.

90.00+ to fill it and no real fun to drive.

to

07 Shelby

16 gallons of fuel = 50.00 bucks and 26mpg on the open road and tons of fun to drive!

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I live in the south suburbs of chicago. Gas here is $3.95 for reg. and $4.10 for preium. So quit complaing. I wish gas was only $3.05 here.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices!?