Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas Prices!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:40 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

Default Gas Prices!?

Gas is gettin up there, somethings got to give, but what? I love my car but im actually starting to wonder what it would be like to own one of those toyota prius's. And im in Florida where the avg price per gallon is around 3.05, i know that in new york and cali prices are almost 5 bucks a gallon...

Somebody think of something that these cars will run on that is cheap!!!!!

He who does that will be a rich man.....
Old 05-29-2007, 12:46 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Gas Prices!?

Please move this somewhere else cause I do not want to hear everyone bitch about gas prices....it is what it is, hell its 3.80 for premium here but I still got to get my *** to work......
Old 05-29-2007, 01:08 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Please move this somewhere else cause I do not want to hear everyone bitch about gas prices....it is what it is, hell its 380 for premium here but I still got to get my *** to work......
+1 You gotta adjust or get left behind. I still use about $25-35 a week(@ $3.40 or so a gallon), so I've been able to adopt to the prices, but why should I suffer, I didn't vote for Curious George W..........[:@]
Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Please move this somewhere else cause I do not want to hear everyone bitch about gas prices....it is what it is, hell its 380 for premium here but I still got to get my *** to work......
+1 You gotta adjust or get left behind. I still use about $25-35 a week(@ $3.40 or so a gallon), so I've been able to adopt to the prices, but why should I suffer, I didn't vote for Curious George W..........[:@]
I agree with you both, but still eventually something has to give, and im almost 100% sure that something will....and i dont think its goin to be for the best
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well first things first, make sure the next President isn't an oil man!

Then consider getting the V-6 Mustang.

Or just sit down and do the math. Look at how many miles you drive each year. Say it's 12,000. Then divide that by the mpg for different cars. Mustang GT, with an average of 17 mpg for most people needs 705 gallons to go that far. The Prius with 45mpg needs 266 gallons. At the current rate of $3.50 the GT will cost $2467.50 just for gasoline while the Prius will do the same miles for just $931. $1536.50 difference each year.
Now you have to ask yourself, is that a cost that you are willing to pay? Are you getting paid to drive that Mustang? Are you getting L@id because you drive a good looking car? Don't lie!
Oh, and yes, you'll also save money on insurance, modifications, can use carpool lanes and park for free in some cities, and since Toyota has a more dependable car it will mean less money spent on repairs and/or rental cars.
Personally, I only drive about 9000 miles a year but I'm still waiting for a hybrid that looks good. Wish Ford would throw that Hybrid setup from the Escape into a mustang.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:37 AM
blkonblk_GTCS

I own a oil and gas buisness and I'm here to tell you it's going to drop a few weeks after memorial day. Because the gas refinerys know that all the people travel. So they are getting what they can get. But i'm suffering with you guys my gas for premium is 3.65 and my duramax diesel is gettin 15 mpg at 2.95 a gallon, I've got 4 Kenworth oilfield trucks and theyavg. 3-5 mpg.(that sucks!!!!!).Prices are so bad I'm charging a 5% fuel surcharge on all my invoices to compensate. Bu hang in there it can only go down I promise. Take it easy
Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

This just may be me but for some reason i think that in about a year or two gas is going to be about 7-8 a gallon....unless they find a s*** load more of oil somewhere, or somebody finds or creates something that can subsitute gas...
Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 AM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

im in FL and i pay around 3.50 for 93
Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

lol, Florida average may be around 3.05, but its not really that. I pay about 3.17 at the cheapest around here. Abg in my area probably up around 3.30. I love how we live right near Port Everglades and they shaft us when you get closer to the port. Higher population=higher demand for gas=higher price...always fun. But ya, I drive only about 2k miles a year. I'm off to college soon and I don't plan on doing much driving up there except maybe to work so it should change a lot. I pay about 40-45 to fill every week and half or so. Sometimes two weeks if the gf decides to drive for a couple days.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:59 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

No ofense to you guys as I am a new member here but this argument makes me vomit. You guys bought a muscle car, did you expect econobox economy? Did any of you think before you bought your car? I bought a gt because I wnated a muscle car but before I did I sat down and thought about it and concluded that no matter what it costs I wanted it.

If I wanted economy I would have bought a diesel vw that gets 50mpg and called it a day. As far as toyota being more reliable, please dont make me vomit. I can show you endless domestics that have way more miles than toyota or honda on average. You guys ever wonder why fleet vehicels are usualy domestics? Also check out NYC, it has to have one of the worst if not the worst trafic places in the country and taxicabs here average 500k to 600k easily within 5years of use. Those forsd use the same lump thats in our cars. They tried using toyotas as taxicabs here and their breackdown rate was so high that the companies junked them within 16months, there is less than 1% toyota cabs here now.

I have had it with this stupid bs, from personal experince domestics last longer and give better fuel economy on the long run than domestics. Ive got a budddy with an economy sentra that barely gets 22mpg highway with that pos, I average 20mpg highway with an astrovan. Pathetic.

Freaking car and driver and consumer reports has brainwashed 1/2 this country if not more. Go out and see for yourself and then decide what is what. ANd for gods sake read real automotive publications like wards and look at comercial companies if you want value.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices!?