Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:45 AM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xygMw4IonuE kinda puts things a bit in perspective and keep in mind at higher speeds the busa would go by the R1
Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 AM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

First, Busas are not turboed, just merely a 1300cc engine peeping out, running 9s from the factory if i remember right.
I have a vid on my comp of a supra outrunning one on the highway.
With a decent power adder-s.c with conservative tune, 450hp, you can stay with 600s and 750s.
And I know 3 poeple with busas, they are effing stupid stupid fast.

So, im conclusion, your *** would have been sitting on a golden platter....and then shoved down your throat...
Old 06-02-2007, 02:21 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

My friend's Gixxer(1000) always takes his cousin's Busa when they go canyon carving and on the straightaways the Gixxer's lighter weight makes up for having a little less hp(plus his $2K carbon fiber exhaust and tune makes him faster yet). Although that YouTube video of the R1 racing a Veyron was hilarious(Veyron had to slow down because of traffic, but what an ***-whipping). Besides what **** on a superbike challenges a stock looking GT? He'deasily smoke a C6 Z06(until the 300km/h/186mph speed limiter kicked in on the Busa). Besides, why would you race a superbike? I get more kicks running a silly over-zealous Harley rider. Most Harleys are pretty slow(for a bike), but there are exceptions.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yes, next time race, even though the roads are wet lol

learn to trust your instincts.... you made the right decision, now
apparently you just have to figure out why you made it [sm=smiley20.gif]

ORIGINAL: havoc

On my way home tonight, I noticed 4 single headlights coming up behind me, it was four bikes. I thought they would have just kept going past me, but one started cruzin next to me and revvin his engine. I look over and notice that it is a Hayabusa. At this moment I go "OH S##!", I reached for the shift **** ready to race but then I thought "U know, he'd prolly whup my ***". It was also a bit wet from the rain we just had. So I let go of the **** and continued to cruise. After trying to get me to race for anothercouple miles, he finally let it go and him and his buddies went on their way. My question is SOULD I HAVE??
Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Just get on your cell, call 911 and report the turd for aggressive riding. He needs to be taken off the road before he kills himself and possibly someone else who swerves to avoid running over him when he wipes out on a wet road!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:06 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just get on your cell, call 911 and report the turd for aggressive riding. He needs to be taken off the road before he kills himself and possibly someone else who swerves to avoid running over him when he wipes out on a wet road!
+1, there are too many bike riders I see doing over 100mph in a 35 and 45 here where I live, and I've seen plenty almost fall off their bikes for doing a wheelie.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:21 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

yeah and isn't it motorcycle awareness month and bikers are just misrepresenting by pulling crap like that! Testosterone and money aredangerous when paired together and sometimes it gets out of hand before you realize it!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

+1 on that!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:27 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Im the other way. Im always messing with bikes like I could really hang. There was a guy with a gsxr600 coming up behind me dong the nascar sway... When he came next to me at the light I revved my motor. he revved his. We both took off, but subtle nothing serious. I had my bottle on, he gave me a nood like go ahead, and when I hit 4k in second I let her loose,I took off on him pretty good. I see him drop the gear and start to crouch on his bike. By that time Im shifting to 3rd. I'm still ahead, almost to forth but a light was coming up. We caught the light again, and he flipped up his helmet in surprised. he asked if it was SC,I just said na. it all stock. he was like damn...

oh well back to topic.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:33 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

+1 I stayed with a CBR600 on the freeway the other day until I shut it down at 135, we went from about a 60 roll, and his buddy on some lile yamaha 250 got left in the dust...I got a nice thumbs up and a big nod outta that one...lol