Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Have To Vent !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:31 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Default Have To Vent !!!!!

Two weeks ago a clamp came loose on a connection on my Paxton s/c. I was able to put it back together but the car still would not run right.It ran rich and fouled the plugs, so I put a new set in, still ran rich. I then had it towed to the dealer. They discovered a tear in another rubber flange that connects some piping. The rubber flange is very thin and should not have torn. I called Paxton and ordered another one, Iasked for two day delivery and paid 41.00 extra, it arrived in three days. The rubber flange was 29.95, its probably worth 5.00. Car would start but threw three different codes, the car is still at the dealer and they are trying to figure out what sensors are defective, I won't know anything until Monday. In my opinion the hose clamp that came loose that caused all this shouldhave never come loose in the first place, and the other rubber flange should have been much thicker and not tore .I have two towing bills, 71.00 vested in a 5:00 dollar part, plus two sets of HT0 plugs that got fouled out,and who knows what the dealer will charge me, all because of a hose clamp coming lose. P.S. The s/c has only been on the car for two months and has less then 1k miles on it. I'm alomost araid to dirve it when I do get it back. Anyone else had these problems, with connections coming loose on there s/c or is this a Paxton design flaw ?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:17 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Have To Vent !!!!!

vent has been noted

hey, i hope you get everything worked out, i know
it can be frustrating but hang in there
Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Wow, sorry to hear about you problem(s). Let us know how it pans out and post up some pics of that badass sounding ride when she is fixed. Was the S/C installed at the dealer? Why did you take it to the dealer as it charges more per hour than most high end speed shops? Just curious and I am not trying to open up healing wounds....later J
Old 06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

You can clean up the fouled plugs, right? Just a wire brush and a little time, they still ought to work fine!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:27 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Was the S/C installed by you or the stealership? I'm assuming if they did it, they would cover the warranty issues right?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:07 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

The s/c was installed by Brenspeed, they are 4 hrs. from me, the car would not run so I had no way of getting it back to them. There are no speed shops that do this kind of work near me. I called the service manager were I bought the car and he assured me he had a tech that was able to work on the car. I did talk to the tech when the car was towed in and he did sound as though he knew what he was talking about. Hopefully Monday I will know more, I'm sure when the s/c came apart and sucked all that air in it fouled some sensors up.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cfr865

Two weeks ago a clamp came loose on a connection on my Paxton s/c. I was able to put it back together but the car still would not run right.It ran rich and fouled the plugs, so I put a new set in, still ran rich. I then had it towed to the dealer. They discovered a tear in another rubber flange that connects some piping. The rubber flange is very thin and should not have torn. I called Paxton and ordered another one, Iasked for two day delivery and paid 41.00 extra, it arrived in three days. The rubber flange was 29.95, its probably worth 5.00. Car would start but threw three different codes, the car is still at the dealer and they are trying to figure out what sensors are defective, I won't know anything until Monday. In my opinion the hose clamp that came loose that caused all this shouldhave never come loose in the first place, and the other rubber flange should have been much thicker and not tore .I have two towing bills, 71.00 vested in a 5:00 dollar part, plus two sets of HT0 plugs that got fouled out,and who knows what the dealer will charge me, all because of a hose clamp coming lose. P.S. The s/c has only been on the car for two months and has less then 1k miles on it. I'm alomost araid to dirve it when I do get it back. Anyone else had these problems, with connections coming loose on there s/c or is this a Paxton design flaw ?
I had exactly the same problem 14 years ago when I installed a Paxton SC in my 5.092 Ford Bronco, at first I blamed myself for not tightening the clamp, but it kept coming loose every now and then and it was only 5psi boost, It looks likePaxton didnt improve their design after all this years. very disappointing.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I'm not real impressed with the quality, they should have made the rubber connections heavier and longer. There is only about a 1/2 in. at the most holding it onto the metal piping. After spending this kind of money for the unit and the install, now I have to keep checking the connectionsso they don't come apart, that's just not right. I guess I can't recommend Paxton.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Whitemare

Usethe Blue version of Loctite on the clamp screws. I doubt the clamps will come loose then. I just received the Paxton from Brenspeed and I am in the process of installing it. Did you call Dave and talk to him about this?