Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which gauges to go with supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 AM
clfrye
1st Gear Member

Default Which gauges to go with supercharger

I am looking to get a supercharger in a couple of weeks for my 07 GT. The type of gauge pod I like is the CDC three pod which sits in the valley in the middle of the dash board. I know I want boost and air fuel ratio gauges, and am debating on the third. A fuel pressure gauge is my most likely third choice at the moment, any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:33 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Which gauges to go with supercharger

have the sos triple gauge pillar.....with a dynojet wideband commander a/f gauge (make sure you get a wideband gauge...narrow band is useless) autometer cobalt elec. fuel pressure and cobalt boost/vac gauge///
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

+1 on the wideband. Narrowband are a useless light show. You've got boost and a/f covered, so -

For the third, I would get a fuel pressure and then on my list would be an Intake Temp. Those are the things you'd like to know with a S/C

I'm a gauge-a-holic and like to know what's going on with the important stuff. (HI - my name is Mark) so I have overkill. My interior looks like a freakin' cockpit...lol

Old 06-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I have vac/boost and fuel pressure in my SOS two pillar pod. If I could have a third, I would have oil temp (since it says so much about the overall state of the engine). But I would not get the CDC thingie... I would get the SOS three pod... and then wait for the SOS dash pod, coming soon to a theater near you!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Boost, A/F, Fuel Pressure.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Narrowband are a useless light show
Alas, I have to agree. I have boost and a/f ratio (the fairly useless type). Big tachand shift light in center dash and fuel pump and transmission fluidtemp in middle between the two center a/c vents. Transmission fluid temp is really important. Application of transbrake raises the fluid temp by about 60 degrees F per second.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

I have a Ebay Gauge Pod thingy. Trust me, its not worth it. I mean, it gets the job done, but the SOS Pillar looks SOO much nicer in person. I'm going to buy it anyways and swap out my ebay one.

My gauges are Fuel Pressure, Boost, and a Whistler Fuszion Radar Detector. A/F was just too expensive to justify. I'm running very rich anyways. The Radar Detector would be a great choice.

~Fred