Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Insurance companies suck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:01 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Insurance companies suck.

These insurance geeks are really pissing me off, Not only do they love too dicriminate, but now they want too run our meaningless lives(to them) right in the ground! I truly wanna buy a v-6 and drop a 5.0 in one now. (assuming of course that v-6's get cheaper rates...). I was recently quoted 1538 a year for a Ram, and my 'stang......WTF!! Do they think I drive like an *******?! Or should I tow the 'stang around whereever I go?! I even had too lie about my ****in' dog! Seems pit bulls aren't all that american after all.......My mutt is an absolute creampuff, she wouldn't hurt a flea, but in the ins,co.'s eyes , she is an uncontrollable liability! Does anyone have an insurance secret they would like too share?? I need /deserve cheaper rates. And when I say deserve , I mean it! I'm a professional driver with well over 1.5 million safely driven miles and counting, I've taken numerous driving/safety courses. and am a smith system graduate. Sorry for the rant.......but insurance companies suck!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

The truth is insurance is a risk based industry and profits as a percentage are not obscene on the part of the insurance companies when compared to other risk based businesses. It sucks, but mustangs and pit bulls have a historical pattern of increased risk that justifies higher premiums. Prius and poodle owners benefit from the other end of the risk spectrum.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:38 AM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

For my trailblazer and mustang its going to run me about $2k a year, even on a multipolicy account but...i did total my last mustang about 1.5 years ago and have a speeding ticket within the last year...here's to hoping the rates go down in 1.5 years! lol
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 AM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Well I am paying more than double that
Old 06-21-2012, 06:18 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

My wife is my agent and we get a discount. With 250/500K we pay around 1200 a year for 08 tahoe and 12 GT, but we pay in full and receive another discount.

Insurance is largely based on scoring now. Bad credit = high rates. Good credit = great rates.

$1500 a year is good
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

For a 2010 Eddie Bauer Explorer, a 2010 Mustang GT, a 2001 Explorer Sport and a 1997 Mustang GT vert I believe we are paying about 2k a year for my wife and I. We have really really good credit though even though she has one moving violation (crossing a solid white) from about a year ago.

I think credit has a lot more to do with the basis for your insurance than your speeding tickets/accidents etc... anymore.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That does seem high if you are the only driver. I pay that for me and my wife on our two cars, the stang being about 900 of that per year, but I have 1 accident in the past 5 years. My wife has a couple of speeding tickets.

Age is the biggest factor, followed by location. Be 39 and living in BFE used to help before my off-road excursion.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman

I think credit has a lot more to do with the basis for your insurance than your speeding tickets/accidents etc... anymore.
Not as much to do with it as your age, location and driving record. My credit score is over 800, always has been, but my insurance went up after my claim.

Obviously driving a mustang has a lot to do with it.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

I used to pay over $4500 a year, just for the stang. I had good credit, but I was 23-24 years old.

Now I am still around $1800 a year, after 3 years with no tickets.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
The truth is insurance is a risk based industry and profits as a percentage are not obscene on the part of the insurance companies when compared to other risk based businesses. It sucks, but mustangs and pit bulls have a historical pattern of increased risk that justifies higher premiums. Prius and poodle owners benefit from the other end of the risk spectrum.
LOL!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Insurance companies suck.