Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

s/c and turbo voiding warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:06 AM
lost_stang

Default s/c and turbo voiding warranty

is there a s/c or turbo that would not void the warranty and also if anyone a good shop in south alabama to do some mods. thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: s/c and turbo voiding warranty

Nothing can VOID your warranty except tampering with the odometer.

Of course your engine will not be under warranty if you get a supercharger or turbo. But everything else will.

And yes, there are some. The ROUSH s/c if installed by ford or something. But the Roush blows, you don't want it.

Also the Saleen s/c if installed by an authorized dealer or some crap. The saleen s/c is decent. But there are better.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I agree with everything he said!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
sonic07

Sorry 1st post...................Once again the aftermarket item installed has to be proven to be the cause of the the complaint that the customer has in order for the parts that were affected to no be covered under factory warranty. IE you install a turbo and now you have a coolant leak, if it can not be directly related and caused by the turbo than the manufacture has to repair it. So you put 9 pounds of boost to the stock motor and boom you detonate a piston, well sorry that is your bill. Personally if I have a catastrophic failure, the car is going back to bone stock and I am taking it to a dealer that has never seen it before with four or five boxes of donuts to start the new relationship with that Advisor never to mention a turbo.

I sold performance parts, blowers and such for Fords for 5 years and was a Service Advisor for 3 years. I might know a little something.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

You CAN get a super charger and still have your drive covered under the 3yr 36k if you go to a dealer and have the Roush sc installed. I have a dealer here who will try to void warranty work on my drivetrain if I install udp's but will cover the sc
Old 06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums and i know you'll be a nice
source of info for a long time to come.

personally, if i blow my engine because of my s/c, i'm
gonnatake responsibility for my own actions and foot
the bill on my own.

for some here, this might sound bizzarre, for some it will
sound correct.

ORIGINAL: sonic07

Personally if I have a catastrophic failure, the car is going back to bone stock and I am taking it to a dealer that has never seen it before with four or five boxes of donuts to start the new relationship with that Advisor never to mention a turbo.

I sold performance parts, blowers and such for Fords for 5 years and was a Service Advisor for 3 years. I might know a little something.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM
reverendbiker

ORIGINAL: hammeron

the bill on my own.

sound correct.
Thanks for that answer--it's a refreshing change of pace. Amazing how some folks expect the dealer to do what's right but don't hesitate to stick it to him when they have a problem. To the original question, the Magnusson-Moss Act prevents a dealer from voiding the entire warranty solely because of the use of an aftermarket part. They can (and will) deny warranty coverage on any part deemed to fail as a result of the use of aftermarket parts. I once bolted a Whipple supercharger on my new 93 Blazer 350. It ran like a beast until it fried the transmission. The Chevy dealer wouldn't fix it under warranty, and I couldn't blame him. You play, you gotta be prepared to pay. Just my $0.02.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

There should be an option of a whipple SC from ford ! FFS[:@] That would be a good idea, when someone buys a car the salesman saying that theres an option for 6K dlls for the Whipple/FRRP SC, I mean.... they'll be using their own parts anyway ? Ford racing... and covered by 3/36 ! mm.... i'll keep on dreaming ...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

the bill on my own.

sound correct.

I agree 100% with this. I actually took a day off of work drove to Irvine Ca, and had Saleen themselves do my intercooler/SC install. I have a 3/36K warranty through any Authorized Saleen dealer/service center now, which I believe there are a few hundred spread throughout the country. I talked to independant dealers that offered the Roush or Vortech but they would all tell me that any wrranty work I had to deal with them and only themfrom that point on. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I want to travel outside my city or state for that matter and not want to worry about having to tow it back to the original dealer if my engine blows up.

Saleen all the way in my opinion, I have conservative 3.4 pulley (8PSI) and Ihave more HP than I really need, to tell you the truth. There is maybe5% daily driven cars here in AZ that are faster than me....just my .02
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
kc10kevin

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

the bill on my own.

sound correct.

I agree 100% with this. I actually took a day off of work drove to Irvine Ca, and had Saleen themselves do my intercooler/SC install. I have a 3/36K warranty through any Authorized Saleen dealer/service center now, which I believe there are a few hundred spread throughout the country. I talked to independant dealers that offered the Roush or Vortech but they would all tell me that any wrranty work I had to deal with them and only themfrom that point on. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I want to travel outside my city or state for that matter and not want to worry about having to tow it back to the original dealer if my engine blows up.

Saleen all the way in my opinion, I have conservative 3.4 pulley (8PSI) and Ihave more HP than I really need, to tell you the truth. There is maybe5% daily driven cars here in AZ that are faster than me....just my .02
I'm VERY interested in knowing how you got Saleen to warranty your installation. I researched this for over 3 months calling Saleen directly and about 10 Saleen dealers. They won't even warranty their 475 HP kit. How in the world did you get them to warranty a kit with a 3.4" pulley? I need to talk to that person!!

Quick Reply: s/c and turbo voiding warranty