Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stang vs. Stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Default Stang vs. Stang

OK not really my gig, but I couldn't hold back!

Last nightwas coming back from aneighboring townand a fellow stang came up (I nodded at him)and hewanted to play in a 01-04 Mustang. Nice looking car, butnot so friendly 20-25 y.o.driver. (No offense to you younger guys in any way!lol) Anyway..He reved at me a few times at the light, I had the top down and just looked over and smiled but shook my head 'No'. Light turns green I wait and watch himand he spins a little in first, squatting the rear end he chirps second pretty hard, and then barks thirdbut then he stops at the next light.(which happens to be the last light for about 40 miles) He probabley could have madethat lightbut I think he reallywanted to play with me!I pull up beside him and he's real cocky now, already has his window down and said something about, Yea he knew why I didn't want to race because those 'new' stangs are S L O W. Now I could tell he had some exhaust, wide tires and really it did seem his car ran well. I was ok, no big deal,until he claimed my car was 'all show and NO GO!.. then added "what a waste.... shaking his head." Well THAT got me!
I asked him, "Would you like to see this all show, GO"?
He said something about, "He'll cover anything I got!"
I got a big smile and said, " MAYBE, when you grow up you'll have a car that'll run like this one!"
His reply was, "What ever old man!"
I looked at him nodded andwatched at the light!
I got a good launch as did he...
Now we were door to do for OH about10ft! By the end of first gearI was almost a complete car ahead. By the 2-3 shift I was at least 3 cars lengthsahead, at 3-4 shift it was too hard to get a good est. but you get the picture! I didn't let up until I couldn't see his headlights anymore! He has now witnessed the 'disappearing tail lights' of our 540hp Vert Mustang like NO other! (sorry if this type of action offends some of you but please realizeit is daylight 24/7 around here these days and there was ZERO traffic on this 3 lane divided highway) No! it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but SOMETIMES some people need to learn to STFU or BE STFU!
One last note, verts with the top down are WAY loud with wind noise at higher speeds. I think IF I ever see that kid again all I'll show him ismy finger! lol j/k!

Careful, there are a few sleepers out there and some of them may even have an ol geezer behind the wheel!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 AM
06roush0914

Default RE: Stang vs. Stang

Good kill and it's good that you put him in his place. Some people just need to be spanked .
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Awesome. No wrong in that, he asked for it.
Damn good action of you to not be temped in the beginning.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM
06RedRoush

lol nice kill...not all young kids are like that though. I'm 19 and never try to pick fights. although I should add that one of my friends with a 99 gtstang picks fights with everyone haha. I guess its just who you come across
Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Awesome - he deserved it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:59 PM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

Nice spankin'...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

He has now witnessed the 'disappearing tail lights' of our 540hp Vert Mustang like NO other!
Did you say 540HP??? What do you have done to that car of your's??? Nice kill by the way.I am 25 myself but atleastI know who and who not to mess with on the streets.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

He asked for it...............And he got it
Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

Awesome story. I wish I was there to witness it.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

lol; was it a vert? Something about last yr verts and the drivers, I have a very siml story but im 22 and this guy about the same age. I'm heading to a friends house 1 day and stop at a wawa ( a mini market for those of you who don’t have one) and there this nice I wana say 04 silver vert gt. So I walk inside get my stuff, and walk out. I'm im just looking at his car and notice he had an exhaust; so im looking at his car as im walking by; nothing bad, im not "looking down" at it or anything but it turns out the guy walking behind me was the owner. So I see him getting in his car and just watch me get into my car as he just sat there doing nothing. I start my car(stock[sm=wootwoot.gif]) and he start his a sec after w/ a loud sound coming from I can tell x-pipe prolly w/ loud months.

He follows me up my a$$ in the parking lot leaving; which all ready wasn’t putting me in a good mood; so we get on the 2 lane road and the 1st thing he does is blows my doors off at wot; it sounded nice; but had eh pick up. so he flying down this road and hitting his brakes waiting for me; doing a few flybys. so by the 3rd time; I bit and ds into 3rd gear; but he end up passing me cuz I slow down (way too many cops on this road) so sure enough we get this red light w/ nothing but a dinner to the left and trees for a long time.

the whole time I'm telling my self too many cops, too many cops. Then he put down his window...lol; here we go. and goes: "hey buddy; I got wana of those; its a DD. this monster my weekend car." so I just hand to ask him: "why is that your DD and this ur weekend car?" LOL, the guys goes: "hey man; if your car got 11 mpg, this wouldn’t be ur dd either." ME: " o yea; so what did you do to it? CRAZY GUYS: " Tons man, exhaust, intake, new susp, lca, etc." he just start naming susp parts. so the light turns green and he jumps off the line; and im like "f*** it!", I got a great start; and the end of 1st gear; it was bumper to bumper, by the end of 2nd gear to 3rd where I shut down I had at least 2 car links, at least. Not to bad for when a guy had a jump on me.

Quick Reply: Stang vs. Stang