Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Delivery delays

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT Delivery delays

Don't call with an attitude. I called my dealer and customer service with a "concerned" approach. I didn't really yell or anything - even though it might seem that way from the above post They did have my car and I didn't want them to do anything to it.

Be respectful but in a nice way demand answers. I mean, your dropping $30,000 ***** into something, so you should have some say....no?

Good luck!

ORIGINAL: FenderParrothead

hmmm....that's interesting that you just called Ford Customer Service. I may do that soon, just to "get both sides of the story" so to speak. Also might be interesting to see if they can tell me the official reason for the delay; see if it is the 18" wheels or not.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Don't call with an attitude. I called my dealer and customer service with a "concerned" approach. I didn't really yell or anything - even though it might seem that way from the above post They did have my car and I didn't want them to do anything to it.

Be respectful but in a nice way demand answers. I mean, your dropping $30,000 ***** into something, so you should have some say....no?

Good luck!
haha - no, I wasn't going to call with an attitude . I'm not upset about anything yet - a little bummed b/c of the week delay, yes, but far from upset. I'm just curious more than anything else.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I ordered a very stock 07 GT and got it in five weeks.Id go with the above suggestion and call Ford direct, at the very least they should be able to give you a delivery date.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the delays... heck - I wanted to avoid that situation, so I went with dealer stock, but even then it is coming from upstate. And this is the second try, the first one got sold out from underneath us before my dealer could get it down here, even though they had already clamied it. So we found another today.. hopefully by Friday, fingers crossed. At least they gave me a loaner GT to thrash on..
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
DjfunkmasterG
1st Gear Member

Why do you guys have to order the 18's. In Maryland it seems most of the dealers already order everything you're talking about. Hell Sheehy Ford in gaithersburg has at least 3 GT's with 18's. Why are these so elusive elsewhere?

I bought mine with 18's. Now getting a stick was a bit of a pain, but the autos are all over the place. Koons ford in Rockville, MD has a White and Black Premium editions with 18's. I just don't understand why they are so hard to find.

Also the days of special ordering GT's is a waste. The time to special order cars was in the 80's when they still gave you engine options. Now, too order is worthless. What difference does it really make anymore you can't upgrade motors? I would have shopped around, I bet there probably had to be a dealer within 100 miles of your home that had a GT you werte looking for, there has to be. I see more Mustangs on Ford lots than i do anyother model. Sucks you have to wait a few more weeks. I know youhave to be dying inside to get behind the wheel and go, but while your car is sitting in the shipping yard somewhere I would look around and search other dealers.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

well congradulations first off all. welcome to the family.

Just wait a little more,, it'll be worth it I promise
Old 06-06-2007, 09:56 AM
FSUSTANG

ORIGINAL: DjfunkmasterG

Why do you guys have to order the 18's. In Maryland it seems most of the dealers already order everything you're talking about. Hell Sheehy Ford in gaithersburg has at least 3 GT's with 18's. Why are these so elusive elsewhere?

I bought mine with 18's. Now getting a stick was a bit of a pain, but the autos are all over the place. Koons ford in Rockville, MD has a White and Black Premium editions with 18's. I just don't understand why they are so hard to find.

Also the days of special ordering GT's is a waste. The time to special order cars was in the 80's when they still gave you engine options. Now, too order is worthless. What difference does it really make anymore you can't upgrade motors? I would have shopped around, I bet there probably had to be a dealer within 100 miles of your home that had a GT you werte looking for, there has to be. I see more Mustangs on Ford lots than i do anyother model. Sucks you have to wait a few more weeks. I know youhave to be dying inside to get behind the wheel and go, but while your car is sitting in the shipping yard somewhere I would look around and search other dealers.
That's interesting about there being GT's with 18's all over the place up where you live in Maryland. I live in Greensboro N.C. and you don't see many with 18's sitting on the lots around here.
I did shop around from Greensboro to Raleigh to Charlotte but couldn't find the exact combination that I wanted. Then when I went to the dealership I choose and they did a Southeast regional search and couldn't come up with the car with my exact combination of upgrades. Also the dealership I choose has a large number of speciality Mustangs on their lot , Roush, Steeda and so forth so they didn't have what I wanted on their lot either.
So that's why I ended up ordering from the factory. I understand what you were saying about motor's and such but another reason to factory order is to get the exact combination of upgrades that you want.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
FSUSTANG

Chose not Choose.
Sorry for grammer error.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

I'm the same way. Don't get the impression that the only reason I ordered the car was to get the 18" wheels.

Let me put it this way. I know someone who bought an 06 GT, and I looked at it and was asking some questions when I was thinking about making the leap to buy one. Well, he started nit-picking his car to death ("I wish I would have gotten this instead of that"; "I wish I had this option on here") and finally I asked, "Well why did you buy it then?" His answer: it was the only GT, manual transmisson he could fine.

Same thing with me. I found only a few GT, manuals around town (there's too many damned automatics out there[:'(] ), but that was the only thing about the car(s) that appealed to me - none of the options, colors, etc. were what I wanted. I decided if I was going to spent the $$$, I should get it exactly the way I want it. And I also liked the look of the California Special. So, I placed an order.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Update: Well, if anyone is interested, I took mAnYsTyLeS advice and (politely ) called the Ford Customer Service line directly. The lady with whom I spoke said that my car is in production (which basically she said meant is "being built") and is scheduled to arrive at the dealer between June 18 and June 25, which is basically right smack in the middle of the original due date (week of June 17) and the new, delayed date (week of June 25). I asked the lady if there was any information regarding a delay, but she said there was no delay that she could see. So, who knows? The dealer had told me they get weekly updates regarding orders on Thursdays, so I'll probably call back this Friday and see what dates they are giving me now. I rather like being able to ping both Ford and the dealer, and get both sides of everything. Thanks for the suggestion, mAnYsTyLeS!

<crosses fingers and prays for June 18>

Quick Reply: GT Delivery delays