Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BRENSPEED TUNER COMING!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
ericmuscle
1st Gear Member

Default BRENSPEED TUNER COMING!!!!!!!!

i just ordered my brenspeed tuner for my shelby gt. can anyone tell me if its money well spent. i have an o/r xpipe with the check engine light on even with the mils eliminatorsand thats the main reason why i bought the tuner is to shut that light off. soooo did i make a good buy? can anyone tell me what kind of horsepower and torque im to expect from this tuner and xpipe.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
nghthawk

Default RE: BRENSPEED TUNER COMING!!!!!!!!

those guys at brenspeed know what they r doing, i have an 06 gt with o/r x-pipe and they hooked me right up NO CHECK engine light anymore, i got about 18 rwhp out of there tune with 93 octane. thing is u have to let them know EXACTLY what mods u done or they will miss something
Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'm guessing you'll be happy. After installing my intake and tune, when I took the car for a ride and punched it I was in awe. I believe my exact reaction was utter shock with this phrase uttered: "holy f#$k! hahahaha!!" I'm no stranger to modding cars, and I can say at least in my experience that the bang for the buck vs the performance increase was stunning and more than I have witnessed before. My only wish is that they were local so I could have actually gone to the shop. I don't know much about them other than glowing reviews here, so it was a bit of a leap of faith to get something sent in the mail and alter my baby with it... so far so good though, she runs great!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

You will not be disappointed at all. I have their 93 tune for my 06 GT auto and it is awesome. Tried one other well known tuner (very good as well) but I liked Brenspeeds better. I did get the chance to visit their shop and Brent spent a few hours with us talking about tuning and various options....his customer service is incredible.He let me test drive his 05 with the Paxton set-up and needless to say mine is on his calendar for July 10th to have the same set-up installed.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

a very good purchase...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

That's great!!....How much for the install????
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

That's great!!....How much for the install????
install? for the tuner he bought he just needs to plug it in the car and download the new tune. FREE
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I asked how much for the install 'cause he said that on July 10th he's getting a supercharger installed at B-Speed's shop.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

* A big difference will be in throttle response, which doesn't really provide more power to the wheels but makes your car feel more alive.

* You'll probably also gain a few HP as FRPP is very conservative for their tunes. If you run the 93 octane tune you'll gain a few more HP from that as well compared to the FRPP tune which is for 91 octane.

* The Brenspeed tune made my car quieter and smoother strangely, but I have the FRPP X-pipe with factory cats, not an O/R X-pipe.

* Also your fan will be running all the time, but you can tweak that with the SCT if you want to.

* I guess you told them you had a SGT since the tune needs to account for your FRPP/Steeda 90mm intake
Old 06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I think the install is $1500 and that includes the custom dyno tune.

Quick Reply: BRENSPEED TUNER COMING!!!!!!!!