Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New tune with Saleen S/C Amazing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default New tune with Saleen S/C Amazing!!!

I e-mailed JDM and sent them my dyno run numbers (A/F ratio etc). I asked them since it's still running a little rich, could they lean it out for me and put me at about 450rwhp. Was at 400. I just put the tune in and MAN! I just touch the gas and I'm already at 40 mph lol! Where's them damn Corvettes!
I'm going to take it to the track this Friday night and see what she does. Funny how when you think you have a fast car, there is always a faster that makes you go WoW!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New tune with Saleen S/C Amazing!!!

very cool, nice to hear she's running up to her potential
now. [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]
Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Good for you Wally! Can't wait to get to JDM on July 2nd, and see what they can get my car to do!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

awesome! Have some fun now
Old 06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Hey Wally, what kind of dyno are you running on?

I think we have pretty much the same set up from JDM/Saleen with the 3.4" pulley. I think I pulled 430rwhp on a mustang dyno but that was after the tuner tweaked the JDM tune because it was on the rich side. I think the first run (before tweaking) was around 400rwhp. I did notice a difference when he was done.

I also have another questions for you. Before I installed the saleen I had a C&L CIA and tune from Brenspeed. Of course when I installed that I was like Damn, what a difference. What I really noticed was the throttle response was greatly improved and the stock lag was gone.

However, with the saleen, it's got tons of power but I cant help but think the the throttle response isn't as crisp as it was with the brenspeen tune. Do you have the same impression. I don't know what you were running prior to the saleen.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get a little more horses to the ground!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

It's not a Mustang dyno. Just your regular chassis. I noticed the lag too. I'm glad it's not just me. Sometimes it seems like it takes a second or two to downshift sometimes when I get into it.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

I think we have pretty much the same set up from JDM/Saleen with the 3.4" pulley. I think I pulled 430rwhp on a mustang dyno but that was after the tuner tweaked the JDM tune because it was on the rich side. I think the first run (before tweaking) was around 400rwhp. I did notice a difference when he was done.

I also have another questions for you. Before I installed the saleen I had a C&L CIA and tune from Brenspeed. Of course when I installed that I was like Damn, what a difference. What I really noticed was the throttle response was greatly improved and the stock lag was gone.

However, with the saleen, it's got tons of power but I cant help but think the the throttle response isn't as crisp as it was with the brenspeen tune.
I noticed the same thing, I had my S/C installed by Saleen themselves. There tune was crisper off the line, my MAF air fuel showed that I was leaner with the Saleen tune than the JDM tune. Your best bet is to spend the extra $200-$300 now and get a custom tune for "driveability" instead of a canned "safe" tune from JDM. I'm not knocking JDM, in fact they are the best canned tuners out there, and I haven't heard them blowing anyones car up, yet. But now it's time to spend the extra 2-3 hours of Dyno time and get it dialed in accross the board from idle to 6250RPM. Don't forget to have them add that valet mode tune too.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:56 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

However, with the saleen, it's got tons of power but I cant help but think the the throttle response isn't as crisp as it was with the brenspeen tune. Do you have the same impression. I don't know what you were running prior to the saleen.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get a little more horses to the ground!

noticed it at first also..until custom tune....vmp just me a new tune with adjustment to the ETC which woke her way up.....question I have for you guys running the 3.4 pulley...did u upgrade ur fuel pumps or not....please advise
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

noticed it at first also..until custom tune....vmp just me a new tune with adjustment to the ETC which woke her way up.....question I have for you guys running the 3.4 pulley...did u upgrade ur fuel pumps or not....please advise
[/quote]

YES, you have toupgrade or you will be running lean. I have the twin GT500 setup. cost about $810 with shipping. I pasted the link for the exact one that I have. It took me 3 hours to install myself with basic tools.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9639
Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Nope, still running with the stock fuel pump and no problems. My tuner (and JDM) said an upgraded pump isn't required.

Quick Reply: New tune with Saleen S/C Amazing!!!