Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hood Pins

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
gperry

Default Hood Pins

I'm thinks about putting hood pins on my Black 2007 GT. I like the look. But, I'm worried about the cable scratching the paint, anyone had any trouble like this? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
ezio350
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hood Pins

we have the stick ons they sell at stage3motorsports.com the cable doesnt scratch the hood since they have a clear plastic cover around the cable. You cant see the cover until you touch the cable. The pins look awsome and dont require drilling thru the hood. We've had them for a while now and no problems at all. We get a lot of compliments all the time. Get them.....you will love them.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

do they actually help hold the hood down or they for looks only?

ORIGINAL: ezio350

we have the stick ons they sell at stage3motorsports.com the cable doesnt scratch the hood since they have a clear plastic cover around the cable. You cant see the cover until you touch the cable. The pins look awsome and dont require drilling thru the hood. We've had them for a while now and no problems at all. We get a lot of compliments all the time. Get them.....you will love them.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

I cannot find it pins on your site...direct link would be great

Old 06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
ezio350
2nd Gear Member

http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang?search=hood+pin SORRY I gave you a wrong site. The pins are basically for looks only. But let me tell you, they look awsome !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

That's what import guys say about type R badges...LOL

Seriously, if you are going to get hood pins, get some that work and stay away from cable set-ups. They will always scratch with time.

If you are just going for looks and like the wire wrap look, then the plastic coated ones mentioned seem like a good idea.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
PonyBred

i've had the lanyards on my hood pins for about 7 months, no scratching whatsoever. just be sure to get a kit that is chrome plated. i've gone through 3 sets already that have said stainless steel and they rusted. finally had to get a kit custom chromed
Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Blueline

check these out. not your tradional hood pins but still cool and functional.

http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

well Mine are stock as I have the performance package, but they are non-functional. These are a good alternative to putting a hole in your hood and having a cable scratching your hood.

Oh, and to stop little stupid kids from taking the pins, I Used some of the stainless safetywire I had in the trailer and wound it tightly around the end of the pin. Works like a charm.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I have the FRPPfunctional hood pins, the cable is rubber coated and does not scratch at all. 1 year with not even a hint of a scratch. You can get functional ones and not use the lanyards as well.

Quick Reply: Hood Pins