MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   HP Estimate?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/301877-hp-estimate.html)

danGT06 06-09-2007 07:31 PM

HP Estimate??

Hey guys I've caught the mod bug and was just wondering what kind of HP I would be looking at with this setup.
Magnaflow Tru X-pipe W/cats OBDII (I live in cali)
Borla Stinger Axleback
C&L Intake
UD Pullies
Custom dyno tune.

hammeron 06-09-2007 07:38 PM

RE: HP Estimate??

somewhere between 285 - 300 rwhp
i would suspect

cheftjpeck 06-09-2007 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Hey guys I've caught the mod bug and was just wondering what kind of HP I would be looking at with this setup.
Magnaflow Tru X-pipe W/cats OBDII (I live in cali)
Borla Stinger Axleback
C&L Intake
UD Pullies
Custom dyno tune.
are you stick or auto

danGT06 06-09-2007 07:47 PM

stick

cheftjpeck 06-09-2007 07:49 PM

with those mods you should be very close to if not slightly over 300rwhp..I would guess based on the RIGHT tune you can get 296-305RWHP...

danGT06 06-09-2007 09:35 PM

Nice that is exactly what I was aiming for. Does anyone have the magnaflowTru-X pipe w/catsOBDII and the borla stinger axleback?? I'm wondering how the Tru-X will sound because right now I have the stingers with the stock H-pipe and it sounds great. I don't want it to sound too raspy.

howarmat 06-09-2007 09:38 PM

it will be raspy....that is the nature of the x pipe....

Mikes_BLK_GT 06-09-2007 10:31 PM

I'm contemplating the basani x-pipe with hi flow ceramic cats(not that it makes much difference) to go with my bassani axlebacks but that's down the road some, pullies are first. Ive noticed some drone in the car at about 1.5k to 2krpm when cruising with my bassani's not sure if I like that, but not sure if I can do anything about it either besides maybe go to a quieter muffler.

howarmat 06-09-2007 11:35 PM

if you have drone now....changing the midpipe will only make the drone more pronouced. How much that x-pipe with ceramic cats going to cost you?? To me that sounds expensive and probably not going to be gaining that much HP, it will be more or a sound enhancement than anything else.

I was just looking into that setup....its says its 3 inch....we have stock 2.5 inch so you would be replacing everything. Not that this is entirely bad I guess but alot of work IMO also.

cheftjpeck 06-09-2007 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: howarmat

if you have drone now....changing the midpipe will only make the drone more pronouced. How much that x-pipe with ceramic cats going to cost you?? To me that sounds expensive and probably not going to be gaining that much HP, it will be more or a sound enhancement than anything else.

I was just looking into that setup....its says its 3 inch....we have stock 2.5 inch so you would be replacing everything. Not that this is entirely bad I guess but alot of work IMO also.

I dont know....with my kooks lt and catted xpipe set up...I gained 20 rwhp

howarmat 06-09-2007 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I agree with LT you will see some good gains....he didnt mention that, he just stated the "basani x-pipe with hi flow ceramic cats"

cheftjpeck 06-10-2007 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I agree with LT you will see some good gains....he didnt mention that, he just stated the "basani x-pipe with hi flow ceramic cats"
my bad....I read it wrong...I read ceramic coated ...I assumed he was getting headers also....oops....anyways..it is a sound add on....maybe 3-7 rwhp if combined with a tune but then again its the tune that is getting you the gain....

Mikes_BLK_GT 06-10-2007 12:54 AM

I thought you would see some even if not much gan. The setup I was looking at I saw here
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...es/BX46053.gif andis $388, granted it doesnt give pipe diameter I would think that would be in the details if it were 3". I tried looking up the P/N(bx46053) from brents pageon Bassan's page and couldnt find it, but found bx46052 and it is 2.5" inch. I know that means the 2 parts are different but it also means bassani does have one that fits our cars. If Brents is 3" then I assumed wrong naturally as always happens when making assumptions. Defintely dont want anymore drone that is already thier so thats something I didnt consider for some reason and even with a samll gain may bypass unless I change my mufflers for something else. Whatever I do I prefer to keep the cats.

howarmat 06-10-2007 01:13 AM

Yeah that kit should be 2.5. The one I saw was actually for the GT500 but that was the only setup I could find with a quick search.

Mustang3GT07 06-10-2007 11:14 AM

Ive got the Magnaflow true X-pipe. PM me if you got any question about it.

shooter23 06-10-2007 01:40 PM

Magnaflow Tru X-pipe W/cats OBDII (I live in cali) ~ 10WHP
Borla Stinger Axleback ~ N/A
C&L Intake - ~10WHP
UD Pullies ~ 8WHP
Custom dyno tune.

You will be VERY close to the 300WHP mark, but I highly doubt you will go over, and if you do...maybe 305...the x-pipe will help...but its still going to restricted due to the fact that you will be using the stock exhaust manifolds...

Does this mean you are going to be using shorty headers in the future? becuase if you get the x-pipe now, it will not work with LT headers...but i dont want to go down the road of why LT's are better haha

You should look into doing the Charge Motion Plates as well...they are a very sound investment...great for bottom end torque...especially if you are already going to be getting a custom tune, get these put on before you go for your tune and you'll pick up another 8-10WHP...

I just got my car finished up about 2 weeks ago, did a Steeda Custom Tune, CAI, UDP as well as the Charge Motion Plates...
I'm running right in and around the 300WHP mark with a 94 Octane tune...and I havent even touched the exhaust (I have axle-back...means nothing for power)

I would trade out the X-pipe for the Charge Plates (will give roughly the same power)...and hold off on the x-pipe until you invest in LT's...bang for buck reasons of course...besides the charge plates are half the price of the x-pipe...

Whichever way you go, you'll have lots of fun...Good Luck with everything!

Mikes_BLK_GT 06-10-2007 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: shooter23

Magnaflow Tru X-pipe W/cats OBDII (I live in cali) ~ 10WHP
Borla Stinger Axleback ~ N/A
C&L Intake - ~10WHP
UD Pullies ~ 8WHP
Custom dyno tune.

You will be VERY close to the 300WHP mark, but I highly doubt you will go over, and if you do...maybe 305...the x-pipe will help...but its still going to restricted due to the fact that you will be using the stock exhaust manifolds...

Does this mean you are going to be using shorty headers in the future? becuase if you get the x-pipe now, it will not work with LT headers...but i dont want to go down the road of why LT's are better haha

You should look into doing the Charge Motion Plates as well...they are a very sound investment...great for bottom end torque...especially if you are already going to be getting a custom tune, get these put on before you go for your tune and you'll pick up another 8-10WHP...

I just got my car finished up about 2 weeks ago, did a Steeda Custom Tune, CAI, UDP as well as the Charge Motion Plates...
I'm running right in and around the 300WHP mark with a 94 Octane tune...and I havent even touched the exhaust (I have axle-back...means nothing for power)

I would trade out the X-pipe for the Charge Plates (will give roughly the same power)...and hold off on the x-pipe until you invest in LT's...bang for buck reasons of course...besides the charge plates are half the price of the x-pipe...

Whichever way you go, you'll have lots of fun...Good Luck with everything!

I have read nowhere that delete plates increase low end torque and infact if anything it will not affect it or it will decrease it some. While delete plates are a good mod and one I will do eventually they give more gain up high rather than down low. LT's are a good option for HP increase but emmisions requirements in some states make that upgrade impracticle in which case shorties or stock manifolds with catted x-pipe would be the only options.

shooter23 06-10-2007 01:59 PM

Well, I installed mine, got it re-tuned and it pulls DAMN hard down low...

If you notice a decrease then it is because you got a terrible tune...

Sorry bout your luck if you did notice a decrease!

Mikes_BLK_GT 06-10-2007 02:08 PM

I dont have the plate's yet and my tunes are from brenspeed so I would imagine they are not "terrible tunes" Did you have a tune already when you installed the plates or did you do both upgrades at the same time. A new tune will give you the low end increase but the plates will not. In fact the orginal stock plates are designed with the butterfly vales in order to cut down air flow at the lower RPM ranges. This was done to keep the low end torque in peoples stock daily drivers. The upgrade deletes these butterfly valves(hence the term motion delete). Ask any reputable tuner or anyone else working on these cars regularly and they will tell exactly what I said you getno gains down low with delete plates.

shooter23 06-10-2007 04:54 PM

I did my tune at the same time...so I may just be feeling the pull from the tune...

Thanks for explaining that, I had never heard that before...learn something new all the time i guess...

howarmat 06-11-2007 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: shooter23

I did my tune at the same time...so I may just be feeling the pull from the tune...

Thanks for explaining that, I had never heard that before...learn something new all the time i guess...
Yeap that is correct. As stated the plates will lower the low end torq a bit if anything. You will not be gaining any though.

probinator 06-11-2007 08:54 AM

i did the plates and tune and gained power throughout the powerband. No loss of power or torque.If you have a brenspeed tune. by the deletes from him cause he will reflash your tunes for free. Great mod. if your handy with some tools its not that hard of a install.

shooter23 06-12-2007 07:01 PM

Yea, install was super easy...I did the plates and the intake at the same time, took me about 45-60 mins, not a problem...instructions said to take the whole fuel rail apart, but thats a waste of time, just fold it over and move it out of the way...saves alot of time.

Bang for buck, great investment