Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bassani Axle-Back

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default Bassani Axle-Back

I've decided that I want a bassani axle-back exhaust system but I'm unsure out of two to get. Here are the two I'm looking at:

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...mp;category=90
http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...mp;category=90

On Bassani's website, they say the Race version has HIGH RESONANCE. Just how high are we talking about here? I want loud and deep but I'm just not sure if I'd like the Race or not.

I found a video on youtube and the Race sounds awesome from outside but the video doesn't give me a good indication what the resonance is like on the inside, even though they have the camera on the inside at the end of the video. Here's the link to that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlokhZMfeuI

I'd just like to know if I can still hear my radio with the Races. :-)

Any more video or audio clips would be nice if anyone has some.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Bassani Axle-Back

The race are what appear to be just like the stingers so you will get some drone....my guess is that the other set are like the GTAs
Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I guess it depends on your own opinion, I love the sound of my bassani axlebacks outside the car but inside at about 1500 to 2000 rpm's I get a really loud drone so becareful with bassani.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Is there anyway you could make a recording of the inside? :-) I know it won't be exactly the same as in real-life though.

Kind of off topic, but I notice you have an 06 GT with an Auto. Mine is also an 06 GT w/ auto and I'd like to ask you something. When you're going between 40 and, lets say about 70 and if you let off the gas then re-apply, do you hear sort of a "swishing" sound, like SSHHHH? I do. I took it to Ford, they rebuilt the rear-end but this was several months ago and it didn't go away. It's really annoying. Maybe the bassani race is what I need to cover it up. lol. ;-)

I don't really mind it loud on the inside though, just as long as I can still use my radio from time to time. As a matter of fact, I've been recently driving with the windows down so I can hear my stock exhaust better. I put the K&amp;N AirCharger kit on it and it's amazing how much louder my stock exhaust is b/c of that thing. But I want MORE! :-)
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I try and get a recording made, as far as the swishing sound no I havn't noticed anything like that.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:25 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Nuts. Oh well, later when I change the headers and midpipe at my uncle's shop I'll let him hear it and see what he says. He specializes in transmissions so maybe it's something he can figure out.

Thanks for trying to get a recording. It's too bad I can just go somewhere and hear different exhaust in person. I can do such a thing with Harley exhaust though. :-) The dealers usually have bikes with all kinds of exhausts on them. Although I didn't get to hear the exact set I got on my bike, but man those things are loud as a dragon from hell. Yet still sounds good and does't make that pop pop pop sound like some do. But I digress...