Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple S/C in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:56 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple S/C in Cali

Its awesome! The install was a lot of fun too!!!!
I am getting the tune done by VMP Tuning tomorrow and once I get the results I will post them up on this forum. Unfortunately, I installed the S/C and left a week later for the sandbox. So....I didn't get much time to play around with her. On the other hand, since I didnt have much time and never got around to the professional tune - the car currently has the stock Whipple tune that comes with it - which BTW sucks @ss...... The car still ran great but you could tell there was a lot more potential sitting there waiting to be explored. I will keep you guys posted! Should have the results posted by Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm glad you had fun with the install, cause for me, i'm
just glad it's over . the fuel pump R&R was not that
pleasant and my I.C. radiator, didn't line up as well as i
would have liked [:@] but it is fun, looking back....

now on the potential.....i currently see this as the only real
safety factor we have. maybe after i see your report, i'll follow suit
with a custom of my own.

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

Its awesome! The install was a lot of fun too!!!!
I am getting the tune done by VMP Tuning tomorrow and once I get the results I will post them up on this forum. Unfortunately, I installed the S/C and left a week later for the sandbox. So....I didn't get much time to play around with her. On the other hand, since I didnt have much time and never got around to the professional tune - the car currently has the stock Whipple tune that comes with it - which BTW sucks @ss...... The car still ran great but you could tell there was a lot more potential sitting there waiting to be explored. I will keep you guys posted! Should have the results posted by Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I thought the tune was a lot of fun. Yes, I did get flustered a couple times..... but that goes with anything that requires hours upon hours to complete. The best part of it all was sitting inside that very first time and turning the ignition and it actually cranking up the very first time it turned over. I had to pat my own back a couple times. LOL

Now that I am getting the custom tune done I need to work on the traction. Getting that power to the ground, effectively, and still keeping a stock look will be fun to tinker around with. Eventually I will probably build the lower end of the engine but for now I will wait and see what numbers come from this tune. I am having my xCal 2 loaded with three tunes; strip, street, and valet. Valet will be set to limit the RPMs and power for those occassions I need to take it to the shop.

I felt your pains on the IC lining up. Mine was the same way. That is probably the only part that really took a lot of time (and patience) to work out. I spent a lot of time keeping things clean so I routed and re-routed a lot of things until I got them in a position that presented that clean look. I am not in to all the chrome and polished parts under the hood so I will probably skip all of those mods. Just too many added parts to keep clean. IMO, there is nothing worse than dirty chrome and polished parts.... and it seems like such a waste of time when I do not plan on opening the hood for any shmuck that wants to see. I would rather spend that time cleaning the outside of the car and polishing the rims. About the only thing I will add, for looks, would be the cam/valve covers (whatever you guys are calling them these days ).