Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Some People should not be allowed to drive a GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Default Some People should not be allowed to drive a GT

So this afternoon I was on my way home from the gym whenI see a 2007 Mustang GT with a shaker hoodspeeding down the hill behind me in and out of traffic. I was just cruising with my windows down when they pull up next to me. There were three kids in the car andnone of them looked like they were even over 18. Thats when they took off and cut in front of me just about rear ending the motorcycle a couple buslengthsup. (the exhaust did sound pretty nice though).Then they change back into the fast lane (its a 2 lane road with a 50mph speed limit and there is heavy traffic) and proceed to roll up next to me again. The guy in the passenger seat goes "lets run it man" Itold himthat my turn was the next right so maybe another time (I would never race on a crouded street to begin with). Then the retard cuts back in front of me andturnsontointo my neighborhood road. He pulls over to the side, so i pulled up next to him wondering wtf he was doing when hesays"lets do it".To give you an idea this is a 35mph road withhouses close by. I really almost lost it when he said that.I held back from wanting to get out of the car and knock him outand just looked at him like he was retarded and turned left onto anothersmaller street and went up to my house.

I'm not against running someone on an empty road that you are familiar with only putting yourselves at risk, but whenpeople showconcern for anyoneelse thats when I get pissed. There could have been kids on this road and this guy was willing to race up it.. ??I really should havewrote down hisplates now that I think about it. He is really going to hurt someone else on the road.What would you guys have done? I hope I runinto this ****** again outside of our cars.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some People should not be allowed to drive a GT

Never race on a road that has a sidestreet... So that rules out any suburbia roads, and secondary roads. Interstates and Frontage roads are usually the best candidates as there are long stretches without any side streets / on-off ramps.

And when there is heavy traffic? Forget it... You go kill youself, I don't want to get into an accident. My rule has always been: Any kid in a high powered car? I am not racing. An accident waiting to happen.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

I agree...there is a time and a place for everything and kids haven't figured that out yet...although I must admit I get a little disappointed when someone won't run me even on a "safe" road...usually an old person in a vette...

Richie
Old 06-15-2007, 08:42 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Never race on a road that has a sidestreet... So that rules out any suburbia roads, and secondary roads. Interstates and Frontage roads are usually the best candidates as there are long stretches without any side streets / on-off ramps.

And when there is heavy traffic? Forget it... You go kill youself, I don't want to get into an accident. My rule has always been: Any kid in a high powered car? I am not racing. An accident waiting to happen.
+1. Safety for everyone is first and foremost.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
beefrits

No point in being astonished by the fact that people are people and some turn out to be as**oles. You did the right thing in exercising intelligence and not rising to the bait. If there is a God, then maybe this fool will wind up with enough tickets to lose his license or kiss an abutment before he ruins the lives of others. Your story is more reason to allow everybody one free murder in their life. Civility and common sense would become the rule as no one could ever be sure if the other guy used his up yet. (It's a joke!) Kinda.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

I totally agree and I would never think of racing under any of those circumstances, and especially not some dumb kid.

I've had wreckless kids try to race me before, but this guy was the worst I've ever seen. He is really going to hurt someone with his attitude and the way he drove. I just feel like I should have done something even though I don't think there was much I could do.
ORIGINAL: Justice

Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Haha yeah for sure. You should watch Dexter on showtime.
ORIGINAL: beefrits

No point in being astonished by the fact that people are people and some turn out to be as**oles. You did the right thing in exercising intelligence and not rising to the bait. If there is a God, then maybe this fool will wind up with enough tickets to lose his license or kiss an abutment before he ruins the lives of others. Your story is more reason to allow everybody one free murder in their life. Civility and common sense would become the rule as no one could ever be sure if the other guy used his up yet. (It's a joke!) Kinda.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

We don't get showtime as it was a waste of money for us. But, my wife does some judging for Emmy nominiations, and showtime sent the whole first series of Dexter on DVD. That has to be one of the best shows I have seen. I have been watching all the episodes in the past few days. I finally will see the last episode tonight.

And you probably did the best thing by just driving away. I am not sure what good it would do to get his plate and report it, though with the number of teenage driving deaths lately, who knows, maybe they would have had an officer show up and have a talken to.

I the part about the motorcyclist is scary. I ride, and I hate when people get close to the back end. I have been hit before hard in my last car, I try not to imagine if I had been on the bike. [>:]

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

discretion is the better part of valour. good wo/man
Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Yeah it is one of my favorite shows. I can't wait for the new season to come out in the fall.
ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

We don't get showtime as it was a waste of money for us. But, my wife does some judging for Emmy nominiations, and showtime sent the whole first series of Dexter on DVD. That has to be one of the best shows I have seen. I have been watching all the episodes in the past few days. I finally will see the last episode tonight.

And you probably did the best thing by just driving away. I am not sure what good it would do to get his plate and report it, though with the number of teenage driving deaths lately, who knows, maybe they would have had an officer show up and have a talken to.

I the part about the motorcyclist is scary. I ride, and I hate when people get close to the back end. I have been hit before hard in my last car, I try not to imagine if I had been on the bike. [>:]

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Quick Reply: Some People should not be allowed to drive a GT