Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

getting beefed up before the camaro drop

Old 06-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: getting beefed up before the camaro drop

i might just buy a camaro, have always liked them. always. 2010, maybe ill have a gt500 by then
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

Let's also take price into consideration. What's that 400hp gonna run you? Ford tends to give you more bang for your buck. This will be no exception. I'd be surprised if the new Camaro didn't cost upwards of 35 or 40k.
Bingo, they can't get it priced near the GT is the problem. The car is just much more expensive to make than the Mustang. You make a mustang a lot more money and we wouldn't have a problem running with the camero. I'd prefer to have a fast car I can afford than a faster one I can't! There will always be someone out there who is faster, especially if the car costs 30% + more!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 AM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i'm not to worried,if they try to sell the camaros like 5 grande more then our cars,you wont see any out there and they wont last long.i heard close to 40 grande for the 400 hp camaro.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
AWESOMO 4000
1st Gear Member

Dodge is going to start building the Challenger in April of 2008. THAT'S the one I really want to see in person. Hopefully they get the weight down. Right now it's as heavy as the Charger. Total porker. Base engine will be 6.1L 425hp Hemi, optional will be 6.4L 392cid 500hp Hemi.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Are they really as heavy as the charger?..thats sucks.
I have to admit that the challenger does look good. but if it's true about the weight i wouldnt ever buy it.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

You really think it'll cost $5K more? I can sort of see it, but i also know the plateform they will be using is really going to be spread out through other cars. So in theory, price should be kept down some by that, where the mustang is sitting on its own plateform. I'd think GM would have to price the Camaro within $1,500 to $2,000, maybesaying IRS and larger engine are worth it? There are lots of cars coming out in afew years within the 25K to 30K that should be interesting.thoughlike the Camaro, who knows what the price of any cars coming out will be until they are out. Even if the Carmaro is close to the mustang in price, i'm sure GM dealers (likeFord) will put a mark up on them at first until they really start getting alot in stock. i think the msutang was liek that when it first came out.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I am happy with my car and the mods I have. I never worry about what someone else has. There will always be the proverbial greener grass on the other side of the fence. Build up your car for your pleasure
and enjoy it.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

they keep pushing it back and no one will buy it. its an ugly *** car too!!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

due to GM's movement away from the rear wheel drive car, there are rumours abound...(just google it and you will read plenty of tech articles) that not only question GM's commitment to even relaunch the camaro and at the very least maybe only a 1 year thing to see how it goes. They have officially announced that there is NO long term commitment to the relauch of the camaro and that even the convertible may be scrapped before its even born.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Why worry about a car that is not even out?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: getting beefed up before the camaro drop