Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Camaro Test Drive ??? Will you do it ??? Traitors??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:25 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Camaro Test Drive ??? Will you do it ??? Traitors??

test drive? sure. buy one? probably not.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

It all depends if I like the look of it or not. BTW all this talk of a 400hp camaro and forcing ford to put in a bigger power plant atleast as an option on the GT is great. However with gas prices doing what they have been the last few years congress is enacting new rules for gas milage which I think will make it difficult to coninue producing the bigger engines. IMO the democratic congress will do everything possible to show they are trying to fix the fuel supply/cost issue's we have seenandsome ofthe options they havewould be to make our lower gas mialge muscle cars(including the not quite yetcamaro and challenger) obsolete by making insane gas milage requirements. I dont like it at all but I think thats the direction things are headed.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

There's a simple answer to the gas milage problem. "T-56" Hell the corvette has the setup that will be in the camaro. 6.0 and T-56. I think that alot of the mpg ratings have a lot to do with the gearing. It's won't change city/stop and go mpg, but it can make a great difference in what a auto will burn vs. what a manual will.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sst06vert

i will test drive the camaro. I don't like the front but I will test drive one. If the back part of the engine is jammed into the firewall like the older model. pre -2000 forget it.

[X(]

dam thats low!

They did that just to do it, not to improve handling or nothin as I thought, mechanic's nightmare, if you wanted to know.

The 400 hp will be the GTO type 400HP feeling, smooth, not outright performance, and everything will be up top.

any GOOD things anyone???? something you like about the car? I like the interior .

The exterior looks nothing like a camaro though, more like a duplicate of a Dodge Charger.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
2CTPonyz

Honestly, I'd be more tempted by the Challenger, if they ever get around to makin it But since I just signed my life away for his-n-hers 2007 GTs I don't think I'll be buying anything else for a while. If the Camaro is faster, I'll just mod my GT until it's not, LOL...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

It all depends if I like the look of it or not. BTW all this talk of a 400hp camaro and forcing ford to put in a bigger power plant atleast as an option on the GT is great. However with gas prices doing what they have been the last few years congress is enacting new rules for gas milage which I think will make it difficult to coninue producing the bigger engines. IMO the democratic congress will do everything possible to show they are trying to fix the fuel supply/cost issue's we have seenandsome ofthe options they havewould be to make our lower gas mialge muscle cars(including the not quite yetcamaro and challenger) obsolete by making insane gas milage requirements. I dont like it at all but I think thats the direction things are headed.
You're right. By the time the Camaro is ready, the country won't be. It really sucks that GM and Chrysler dumped most of their rear wheel drive architecture, causing them both long delays in getting something on the road to match Ford. The "muscle car" resurgence has been going on big time since 04, yet the first real new answer to Mustang has yet to hit the streets. The GTO was an attempt to use a RWD car from Australia, but it was ugly and therefore failed. Someone needs to dig Harley Earl up and put him back in charge at GM. The bean counters running the auto companiesstill don't get it. Style and performance will always sell. When the foreign companies invaded and sold gazillions of little ugly econoboxes, the US companies seemed to give up on styling and performance. It is so bad today that the two best looking cars on the road are the Corvette andMustang, which are bothheavily rooted in the stylings of mid-60's cars. And guess what the new Challenger and Camaro stylings are based on? They can still make the new "muscle car" era work. They just have to build a lot of cars that get great mileage to offset the few that don't.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:20 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

I would buy a Corvette if I was going to buy a GM product.

The Z06 is hot:

Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Chef

I am true tungsten grey blooded so dont start. My daughter is 4 and says, "Daddy, make the mustang growl" from her car seat. ***BUT***, will you test drive the Camaro? Consider buying one? My dad had a Nova Custom w/ 350, dual exhaust, and a '77 Impala (the new chevrolet) with posi traction (used to rev in neutral and drop into drive). Thing is, Chevy has had no 4 seater, convertible with ***** (the GTO was a total joke). So, I drive a stang. But its still a competitive marketplace. So honestly, if Camaro is 400 HP, and handles better than the stang (has anything but a "live rear axle") , they will blow away the average GT with CAI , Tune, UDPs, and Exhaust. Don't forget , I am hearing talk of a hard top convertible (GM has experience with the G6). Will you consider trading in the pony? Be Honest . . . . .

1. No I won't be test driving anything because I just dropped off payment 1 of 60 for my Mustang to the bank today...

2. When you say the GTO was a joke you mean the price and styling, right...cause performance-wise the 6.0 was a bada$$...

3. A message to anyone who goes to price a new Camaro (or Challenger for that matter) and runs into a "market value" side sticker slapped on by the dealer: tell them to shove it straight up their a$$ and you don't have to be rich to drive a Camaro you greedy sons of b*tches...

Richie
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I liked the c5's better myself. I do not like the lights on that new corvette.
ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

I would buy a Corvette if I was going to buy a GM product.

The Z06 is hot:

Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

This is a Tech forum, not Off-Topic. We have a dedicated section for such discussions.

Feel free to create another thread in the appropriate forum Chef.

Thanks.