Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking to buy some gears....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking to buy some gears....

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

ORIGINAL: moosestang

So why are motives a better product? You know motive actually makes some ford racing gears.

go with motives. ffrp your just paying for the ford name. i have motives and theresno whine at all. motives are a better product. you can find them around for $130-$160
a better overall product, basically the same product but motives have a lower price, therefore a better product. why would you pay 230 for something when you can get the same exact product for 130?
How do you know the frpp 4.10s are the same as the motive 4.10s? I've have heard many different things and there are two different part numbers for ford racing 4.10 gears, one is said to be made by motive(G410M), the other is said to be made by ford(G410A). Maybe you have inside information, but I doubt it.

I'd also like to point out the G410A gears from summit ($219)for instance come with a pinion nut, crush collar and shim kit. What did your motive gears come with?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

i had both of them side by side having an expert telling me there exactly the same. he told me he had no problem putting in the ffrp gears for me but he will be charging more for the same product.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So which part number did you have? G410M or G410A? And what did the motive gears come with?

i had both of them side by side having an expert telling me there exactly the same. he told me he had no problem putting in the ffrp gears for me but he will be charging more for the same product.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

So which part number did you have? G410M or G410A? And what did the motive gears come with?

im not sure. i know i needed new bearings and some royal purple oil. total came to 500. no whine at all
Old 06-25-2007, 01:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

im not sure. i know i needed new bearings and some royal purple oil. total came to 500. no whine at all
I think my installer might have used 75w90 gear oil. I drained it after 500 miles and it didn't seem nearly as thick as the royal purple 75w140 that I put back in. I'm assuming 75w90 is a lighter weight and I know it's a popular visocity with other vehicles. Doesn't the 99-04 mustangs call for 75w90? Don't answer that, i'll do a search.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

How much does the Stealership charge for an install.... I'd go somewhere else, but if and when I sell this puppy, I'm taking everything out.... but I'll leave the gears in since they'll be genuine ford products and installed by the dealer

Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

$500 just for labor, that doesn't include anything else.

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

How much does the Stealership charge for an install.... I'd go somewhere else, but if and when I sell this puppy, I'm taking everything out.... but I'll leave the gears in since they'll be genuine ford products and installed by the dealer

Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

$500 just for an install?[:@] You gotta pay to play I guess.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

$500 just for labor, that doesn't include anything else.

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

mine was 500 out the door
Old 06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

mine was 500 out the door
You had a ford dealer do it and that included the gears?

Gainesville Ford wanted $500 just for labor. I paid $370 (not at ford)plus $219 for the gears.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy some gears....