Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Supercharger, Any Trouble?Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Supercharger, Any Trouble?Problems?

I actually wanted the roush charger, but starting to lean towards a whipple, or saleen ... but still havent decided about the warranty thing ... even though i know theres alot of ppl on here that say dont go aftermarket if you arent willing to lose your warranty ...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i think he was responding to this...

"anything from Jack Roush = yuck
especially that roots blower! "

i would agree, there are some items from roush that i
like too

ORIGINAL: 01Steed

Differ with what? There's no quote, soyourpost isa bit vague.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
01Steed
I ♥ Acer

that's what I assumed, but just wanted to be clear.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
06RedRoush

haha yea I was responding to Zkiller...Guess I just pressed the wrong button when I went to quote him. In response to the Roush supercharger, I'm by now means an expert but even though I do own a Roush I wouldnt purchase the supercharger. For the money I would rather get a twin screw such as the Kenne Bell. I'm actually trying to save for one. But if someone offord me the Roush supercharger you know I's be all over it
Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I looked at the roush and I have to agree with evryone here its WAY to expensive. You can get saleen and whipple twin screws for about a grand less, if you want to go non-intercooled(which will limit your boost capablities to 6psi) you can get a whipple for about ~4500. I hvant actually called them yet but lethal performance website says the kit is complete with everything needed for install. Thier intercooled kits are about~4900 for 8psi, Saleen intercooled kits are around 5100 from what I can tell. No way I'll ever touch the roush charger at this point becuse of the price and the fact it's a roots(I want the twin screw)and really unless your looking for parts with the roush name on them you can find them cheaper elsewhere with the MFG's name on them
Old 06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys.
I checked the site about the rootscharger. Looks like it is a better idea to go with a twinscrew.
I was also checking the roush website, their stage 3 vehicles are way expensive and they only put out around 415 hp.(however they do have a good suspension setup).

Since i've started to look for good chargers Paxton,Vortech and now Roush have fallen out of the running.
I'm gonna do some more research on Whipple, Saleen, Kenne Bell and some turbo systems like Hellion and STS. The warranty and price don't mean that much, because i will be shipping it ,meaning the warranty will no longer apply. And since i'mshipping i might as well spend an extra buck if it gives me better performance and less maintanence in the future.

By the way, i'm not hating on Roush.
I dig the 6-piece bodykits, might get it if i have any cash left after buying the S/C. lol
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I'd be more than happy to put a roush SC on my car if they didn't want so much freaking money for it. If you want to blow your engine or replace it with a forged short block and crank up the boost, then the roush is probably not for you. Of course at it'scurrent prices it's not for anyone IMO, you can get a saleen much cheaper.

jrm1900, you have a whipple @ 12psi on the stock engine? How long do you expect that to hold up? I'm assuming that's good for over 450rwhp, but maybe not.
I didnt take it to the dyno yet, but I assume with 12psi and LT headers it should be anywhere between 475 - 500 rwhp, I know I am out of the safety range, however many people is running 12 psi pulleys and I've never heard a first hand story about an engine blowing up at that boost level, at any rate I know I am taking my chances and I am readyto facethe consequences, I see a forged SC'd 5.4 in my future
Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Till what hp rating are you in the "safe" zone?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Looking at the available FI out there shows Roush isn't much bang for the buck.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

Till what hp rating are you in the "safe" zone?
That's a good question, most people willagree that450RWHP is the limit of the stock rotating assembly and beyond that you should go with forged components, pistons, rods cranks. But it is not written anywere as far as I know.

Quick Reply: Roush Supercharger, Any Trouble?Problems?