Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shipping Issues Abroad

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Speed Freakz

Default Shipping Issues Abroad

I am looking to ship parts abroad from the States to Dubai as the 'stang aftermarket parts business is HUGE in the States. It seemed there are parts for just about anything on the car and there are a lot of choices.

My concern is about being ripped off or having problems.

I was recently very concerned after making contact with Cervinis directly via email fora full body kit and after several emails I had my order confirmed ( apparently ). The problem was that I wasnt given any paperwork at all and even the emails were without a signature or logo. I was told that I had to pay before I would get any kind of paperwork. I was then given just a bank account number with no account name or anything and was very unsure of who I was paying my thousands of dollars to. I refused to make payment until the proved that they were legit and could supply paperwork of some sort. This didnt happen and I was left hanging.

Is this common practice? No invoice or paperwork until payment is made?

Fortunately I went to Vegas recently and called the number on the Cervinis website and got hold of the lady who had been corresponding with me. I feel that they are legit but am still a little concerned. To their credit they replied immediately to all my mails and did not seem to be shady but I was naturally a little concerned as I could have been speaking to anyone.

There is a massive aftermarket sales market here ( Dubai )so I am very keen to make contact with any Legit parts and accessories companies in the States who can ship to the Middle East.

Anyone had similar issues or can shed some light?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shipping Issues Abroad

I have ordered items online and get a receipt to print out. Cervini is a very reputable company. I don't think they will stick you.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Card

"Is this common practice? No invoice or paperwork until payment is made?"

Yes,this is the way it works. Virtually everything I have orderedhas worked this way.I enter my payment type and fill out the whole checkout package and then they give you a reciept on your screen you can print and send you a copy via email.Because you are so far away, I would just verify the shipping charges before you check out, either by email or phone, as you have done. Also, I would stick with the bigger companies or ones with excellent recommendations.

Good Luck!

-Card
Old 06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Speed Freakz

Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone.

The difference I think is that I was asked via email to make payment, not off the actual website. Thiswas after contacting the "sales" team off the website via email.The emails thatI was contacted withhad no logo or any kind of verification that it was in fact from Cervini's and I was just given a set of numbers for banking with no company name attached to the account.

My alarm bells went as there was no proof in my mind that I was speaking to someone legitimate on the other side as I had no way of checking whose bank account it was or who I was in contact with. I then asked them to show that they were legitimate and provide me with some sort of proof that they were who they were claiming to be. They couldnt do that which I thought was very strange.

I personally wouldnt just hand over $ 6000 to a unverified and random bank number and to a unverified and random email. Just had me worried. I am originally form South Africa and the crime there is really bad so I am always weary of being scammed.

I do business with a lot of companies and usually when you buy something they provide you with some sort of paperwork. Their emails usually have a signature and often a logo also. I would have thought that a big company like Cervini's would have had that kind of practice.

Good news is that I checked them out when I was in Vegas and it all seemed to check out so I reckon I am gonna take the chance and make the transfer. Hopefully have a full body kit on my Stang soon.

Bad news however was that i didnt have enough time to go to Shelby while in Vegas!!! Maybe next time......
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Instead of using the ordering info in the email, why don't you use the online ordering process? Is this the phone number your used? 856) 691-1744