Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

space yer mods out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default space yer mods out?

I just got my stang 5/21/07 (damn it...I missed our 1 mo. anniversary!) and like a lot of you out there, when got it I said "it's perfect...I'm leaving it stock!" Of course that doesn't last and now as soon as one mod is in I'm shopping for another. Problem is, since I'm trying to play nice as far as the warranty goes, I only have so many mods I can do that can be hidden or taken off for warranty work. I think I'm running out...maybe I should have spaced my mods out, like one a month or two months, 90 days etc.
To the point of this thread...do any of you guys have the self-control and patienceto space out your mods so you'll always have something to look forward to? Or do you figure you'll never run out of ideas so you just don't sweat it? Or are you like me and just buy buy buy without thinking, "damn I might be bored six months down the road"...to make things worse I like the look of a stock stang, so I'm really only interested in go-fast goodies...
feedback?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: space yer mods out?

Yes, I space mine out. First, I got a short throw shifter. About six months later, I got the CAI and tune. It has been another six months and I just got an aluminum d/s, 4:10 rear, and UDPs installed. In another six months, I'll do something with the suspension.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i got my turbo then 1 month later i got all my gauges, wheels, tires, forged internals, methonal, Y pipe, fixed my vinyl....think thats it (about 5-6 grand)

ran outta money to install the internals!!!

so no, i didnt space it out. i got too excited
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I space it out because I have to but if I oculd I'd just do it. Honestly my mod list seems to change, when I first bought it I didnt think I'd ever really want an sc but 6 weeks later and I'm researching which one I want and planning my suspension/brake mods to go with it, so shouldkeep me busy forawhile.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I figure if I space mine out then my wife won't bitch as much lol
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: owero01

Yes, I space mine out. First, I got a short throw shifter. About six months later, I got the CAI and tune. It has been another six months and I just got an aluminum d/s, 4:10 rear, and UDPs installed. In another six months, I'll do something with the suspension.
props for having such control! I just ordered two more mods tonight...what can I say it's like my crack, or maybe I just have no self-control...then again some refer to mine as the "instant gratification" generation, so maybe that's it...
I think the truth of it is, I keep telling myself, who knows what's around the corner, so if you can do something now, do it, accomplish that goal...although that is kind of a half-truth because I have the cash to do the 5-lb sc, just not the ***** to step up to the plate...I keep thinking about the warranty, and how long will the trans, clutch, engine internals hold up, etc...then again, if the ceiling fell on me right now, I'd be croaking "I...never...got...to supercharge...my car...(die)." lol
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dex

i got my turbo then 1 month later i got all my gauges, wheels, tires, forged internals, methonal, Y pipe, fixed my vinyl....think thats it (about 5-6 grand)

ran outta money to install the internals!!!

so no, i didnt space it out. i got too excited
I can relate to gettingexcited, but props for the turbo and awesome numbers in your sig! AsI mentioned I have the cash, just not the sack for the 5 lb. s/c yet...we'll see what happens...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:02 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

I space it out because I have to but if I oculd I'd just do it. Honestly my mod list seems to change, when I first bought it I didnt think I'd ever really want an sc but 6 weeks later and I'm researching which one I want and planning my suspension/brake mods to go with it, so shouldkeep me busy forawhile.
I myself keep eyeing the "safe" 5 lb s/cs by saleen, steeda, etc...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

For obvious reasons such as cash flow, I space out purchasing my mods. But I install them in groups. I have my sway bar, LCA's, UCA, and G-trac brace sitting in my living room. Once I get my D-specs, it's all going on at once. I like to really feel like I did something. Did the same thing with my 4.10s, headers, UDPs, and lowering kit.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdroth50

For obvious reasons such as cash flow, I space out purchasing my mods. But I install them in groups. I have my sway bar, LCA's, UCA, and G-trac brace sitting in my living room. Once I get my D-specs, it's all going on at once. I like to really feel like I did something. Did the same thing with my 4.10s, headers, UDPs, and lowering kit.
that makes sense...dude I wish they had a grabber orange GT when I picked mine out...they had perf white (mine), maroon and tungsten (I was afraid tungsten would blend into the scenery too well and people would hit it...it happenned repeatedly to my silver civic)...I sometimes regret picking my flo's over the SLPs but I figured they were too loud for the a$$hole way I drive, but nothing's written in stone, it's just two clamps and some more money for a swap-out, right...
p.s. have you considered an avatar or sig with your car in it? Grabber orange is kind of rare and very sought-after...

Quick Reply: space yer mods out?