Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Killed a Stage 2 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default Killed a Stage 2 Clutch

I'm pretty sure I killed my Zoom Stage 2 Clutch, so this goes out as a bit of a warning...

When I did all the mods to my car, I put in a Zoom Stage 2 Clutch.... Took forever to break in and 1 day to break it. I have less than 8000 miles on it...

I'm being honest when I say this as well...I never really beat on my car until last Saturday... I won't lie, I do drive it, sometimes hard, but never gave her a decent 'beating on' until last Saturday... but that wasn't anywhere near a full day of beating on it... Basically, some good hard driving highway miles, a few burnouts, and probably 3-4 smokin donuts in a parking lot...

The clutch started slipping after that cause I'm sure it was hot... I let her sit for a few hours (I was at a party) got back in and the clutch was engaging at the floor.... now I can just barley get it into gear.... She's going in on Monday for a fixing, which at this point I'm 99% sure I'm gunna have to replace the clutch...uggg... I really wouldn't care so much, but I just don't wanna have to go thru that break in period again...

If it does need a new clutch, anyone have any recommendations, I'm not putting another one of those ZOOM POS in...I'm thinking maybe step it up to a stage 3....Just wondering who makes a good one?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Killed a Stage 2 Clutch

spec clutches....

zoom is like a autozone clutch. lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

spec clutches....

Yeah, I've hear people having probs with the Spec's but also people loving them... You sure that the Zoom is regarded that 'low".... Not that I care, cause as far as I'm concerned, based on how little I did beat on it, it is a POS in my book...but autozone pos???
Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

perdi! how's it goin.....

sorry about the clutch.......next time put your
adj. lca's in the easy burnout position, the clutch
just might survive, but no guarantee's

ORIGINAL: Perdi

ORIGINAL: probinator

spec clutches....

Yeah, I've hear people having probs with the Spec's but also people loving them... You sure that the Zoom is regarded that 'low".... Not that I care, cause as far as I'm concerned, based on how little I did beat on it, it is a POS in my book...but autozone pos???
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, that's alright, I know ya gotta pay if ya wanna play, but man, I didn't really even 'play' that much... there (IMO) really is no reason it should have gone that quick... maybe I just got a bum one... it's just the down-time, and then the breaking in the clutch thing that is killing me...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i hear ya, hang in there....

i'll do some pavement shredding for
ya, while your in limbo

Old 06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i hear ya, hang in there....

i'll do some pavement shredding for
ya, while your in limbo

LOL yeah, I hear ya, I've been driving my mini-van in the meantime.... I'll tell ya what though, I thought my van was broken when I drove it for the 1st time in 3 months... kinda makes ya appreciate the raw muscle that much more! I used to not care that I drove a Mini-Van either, now I feel like a big lame ***....driving around in that thing.... lol
Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

you got it really hot..worst thing you could have done was let it sit!!! you melted the plates together haha

you should have drove around and cooled it off
Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Dex

you got it really hot..worst thing you could have done was let it sit!!! you melted the plates together haha

you should have drove around and cooled it off
Dude....have some sympathy for the guy...

Perdi.....

Sorry to hear bout the trouble.... good luck with the fix.... you'll be tearing up the asphalt in no time.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

i kidna wanna get soem cheapo used tires and annihalate mine before my centerforce goes in...

Quick Reply: Killed a Stage 2 Clutch