Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Opinions on what I should do next????

Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
phimutau

Default Opinions on what I should do next????

I bought my06 GT in December of 2005. I immediately started pouring additional money into it and realized it adds up quick. Off the top of my head, here is what I have so far

excalibrator tune
BBK cold air kit
charge motion plates
underdrive pulleys
Stainless Works Longtube Headers
3" Offroad X pipe
Stainless Works mufflers
steeda short shifter
aftermarket ram air hood
20" polished chrome replica bullits
lower control arms
panhard bar
eibach pro lowering springs

The stock dyno came it at 265rwhp. I can't remember the stock torque. After all of my mods, my last dyno showed 310rwhp and 325 on torque. The exhaust system is sick, loud and proud with the offroad setup. I have also done a lot of appearance modification. I lowered it with the eibach pro springs, and took the spoiler off and fiberglassed the holes in. I shaved the false gas cap, key hole on the trunk, the third brake light and the two front GT emblems. Its jet black with no emblems, on 20" chrome rims.

My question to all of you is what should I do next? I dont have the money to supercharge it yet. I was thinking about getting a cam job done. I also read about a new Fast Intake that adds 40-50 hp. I'm pretty impressed with how she runs right now, but just like everyone else I want more. I have also considered puttin more into the suspension so I can get off the line better. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions on what I should do next????

forced induction or heads and cams
Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I would ask some people who have done a cam swap before blowing like $2000 on them. From what I hear they get you less than 10 HP.

I am interested in hearing about this Fast Intake though.....can you give us a link or some info on it?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Upper Control Arms, Panhard Bar...Sway Bars...what have you done for suspension? Suspension is alot more important than most people think...i'd focus on that..

Don't get into cams/heads unless your willing to deal with the headaches for a while...

I'd stroke my engine first before cams and heads...
Old 06-29-2007, 06:54 PM
phimutau

I get Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine. I cant remember if it was June or July edition. There was a small write up in the top left corner of a page that showed a picture and stated the 40-50 hp gains. They said it was nearing the end of production and should be out soon. Everything is always overstated on HP that I have noticed, but it seemed like a good bolt on to add to the collection. Not for sure, but my mechanics said he thought it was about $800 or so.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

first thing to do is stop adding up all the
mod costs, it'll only depress you.

second thing is to install the complete saleen body
kit, this will kill the depression and bring the smile back.

third, keep saving for the FI, it's the only solution for
your craving for powah.....

ORIGINAL: phimutau

I bought my06 GT in December of 2005. I immediately started pouring additional
money into it and realized it adds up quick.

My question to all of you is what should I do next?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

I would ask some people who have done a cam swap before blowing like $2000 on them. From what I hear they get you less than 10 HP.

I am interested in hearing about this Fast Intake though.....can you give us a link or some info on it?
"Although torque did decrease a few foot pounds down low the upper RPM’s torque increased approximately 25 ft. lbs. and power jumped 25 rwhp!"

Brent wrote up a nice article with Full bolt-ons and Cams. I suggest you take a look at it before you make blind statements.[8D]
http://www.brenspeed.com/tech/compcams.html

Old 06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Aluminum Driveshaft ?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
phimutau

No aluminum driveshaft. How much difference would that make? Can someone tell me how to get my pic in my message like the other guys. Its too big to fit as my photo or avatar. I have more to come. Interested to see what you guys think of her.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: phimutau

No aluminum driveshaft. How much difference would that make? Can someone tell me how to get my pic in my message like the other guys. Its too big to fit as my photo or avatar. I have more to come. Interested to see what you guys think of her.
Aluminum driveshafts are actually a good mod... They are 40(?) lbs lighter than the stock on and add a few RWHP.

You need to resize your pictures. I use iFranview and it does the job nicely. http://www.irfanview.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on what I should do next????