Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cut off today by a BMW M3 JERK

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Casey39er

Default RE: Cut off today by a BMW M3 JERK

We are not all jerks... I own My Stang and a3 Series BMW. Some people are just jerks regardless of what they drive, be it an expensive BMW or a S**T can primer gray Honda. (I am sure you all have meet one of them)

BTW the 2008 M3 is going to be Bad ***: (See write-up below)

Due to go on sale in North American in mid-2008 as a 2009 model, the M3 will target the Lexus IS-F, Audi RS5, and Mercedes CLK63 AMG. Convertible and sedan variants are expected to follow later in 2008.
The M3's V8 powerplant has two more cylinders than its predecessor, delivering 420 hp from 4.0 litters and maximum torque of 295 lb-ft at 3,900 rpm. In keeping with BMW's high-revving "M" tradition, maximum engine speed is 8,300 rpm. The engine is the lightest V8 in the world, weighing less than the previous M3's inline-six.

Whatever I am driving I treat other drivers with respect and I let the jerks be jerks. They will get there's someday..

Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Everyone on this forum knows that this car makes every daily drive a pissing contest, it just seems that everyone out there has something to prove. What they have to prove I don't know, but sometimes I get a kick out of watching them.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Indeed, everyone want a piece of a Mustang. I get it all of the time. Some I kill and some I don't because of traffic or its just not worth it. I have had BMWs come up on my rear like they were on the Autobahn. I just move over and let them go. There are jerks in all types of cars. I'm sure he was envious because Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let him get a Mustang.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i'll cast one vote for the mini vans and suv soccer moms. For my second car im going to get a 6 series or a new M3. love them BMW's
Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

I used to get people trying to race me until my flows (2chamber). After I got em and people hear the lope they know better[8D]. Now NOT 1 person, with the exception of some guy in his v12 mercedes (which I stomped).

As for M3's, theyre awesome cars. I havent driven the E46 chassis, but the few E36's I drove were very surprising. Quick, ride really nice, handle very well. All ina luxury package. Id get one for sure.

And as far as street racing, I never street race. Its just dumb. Too many people, kids, intersections and people that just flat out CANT drive or drive like total boneheads. Just let these jerkoffs go on their merry way, theyll eventually wind up crashing. And if theyre realyl driving recklessly or dangerously, call the cops. DONT hesitate, you could save someones life.
-P.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear it
Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

The M3 is regarded as the best car in the class and the benchmark for a reason. Its just as good as they are I think there a little dull and just dont have the same feel to them. Friend has an M3 CSL (never sold them there) and its a lovely car. 360hp and went on a strict diet and lost nearly 400lbs. No aircon, No stereo all gone in order to save weight and the thing is amazing. But I would still prefer a stang.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:37 PM
olaosunt

Hi Guys
I am new to this forum andhave found it to be great and very helpful( I am new to mustangs and have just started Modding)as well as entertaining.I have read articles on this forum daily for the last month(trying to decide on which axle baxk exhaust and tuner package)and this is my first post.
I own a 2006 blackMustang GT and a black BMW 335i sedan(once you go black you never go back!!).
I leased the 335i so I could cut down on the mileage on myStangwhich I intend to keep forever and pass on to my Girls(I am not sure they will be thrilled!!).I have to drive 90 miles round trip daily to work and was averaging 20,000 Miles a year even with car pooling.I have gotten a speeding ticket each in both cars so I am not sure which is the greater ticket magnet,But I can tell you the Stang is a definite Babe magnet(My wife has not quite realized yet!!)
I don't agree that everybody who drives a BMW is a Moron(At least I dont think I am),but I guess mostof the ones who did not pay for it with their hard earned cash may be.
Comparing the cars is like apple and oranges.I think the BMW feels a lot quicker( the 335i has lots of low end torque,BMW states 300 HP,but this is underestimated not to **** off E46 M3 drivers whose cars cost mch more ,and Car and driver figures are closer to 330HP and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds).The drive is very smooth and the handling is great,and it goes well with a coat and tie I am required to wear to work as a pyschiatrist.Besides I have laways wanted one(never could afford it till very recently!!) and I am a"black man!!".
However If I ever had choose(GOD I hope never!!) I think I would choose My Stang.
It is almost as quick,makes me feel 10 years younger(I always recommend it first to my patients who request Viagara) and the looks and sound(hopefully even better when my FRRP stingers arrive-already have the JLT CAI and BAMA 93 tune) makes feel like a "real Badasss'- and it is secretly a "Transformer".
To tell you the truth I can never resist taking on any upstart(Yes even those Jap machines withh ricey mufflers) who wants to "mix it" at the stop lights-but I mostly get "challenged" in The Mustang when I am already in my":Badass" mode.Heck I have even had Dads in minivans try me.You definitely get less of those challenges in the BMW(definitely asleeper mode),and then most do notrealize what happened till they hear that twin turbo V6 wail and see the two polished exhaust tips pull away-
The only difference withthe Mustang is they hear and seesee thewhopping coming even before it happens
Old 07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Surprised you have one and dont even know the engine configuration....Learn more about your own car :-P

335 is not a V6 it is a Straight 6.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

I had a 2003 M3. Gave it to the X-wife in the divorce settlement. Best move I ever made!!![sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]Then I turned around and bought my GT...let the fun begin!

Quick Reply: Cut off today by a BMW M3 JERK