Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cut off today by a BMW M3 JERK

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
olaosunt

Default RE: Cut off today by a BMW M3 JERK

Mr Wozz
Yes! I am a Newbie,and yes I inadverdently said "V6" instead on inline six , and NO I am not quite a gearhead-yet. Forgive me for not knowing my car.I do know they are bothvery sweeet rides!!
Somehow though I am not suprised that you are "suprised I own one",because judging byyour previous posts I detect a serious case of narcissim which is characterised by envy of others and a grandiose sense of self importance.Or is there another reason for your doubt other than the fact that you live in Manchester UK(and proabably can not afford one-due to the ridiculous UK prices-I bet you paid twice as much for your mustang,if you do have one) or were you a once a patient of mine at Hope Hospital, Salford ?.[8D]
Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

There was a tongue sticking out face there mate meant in jest. Was not surprised you actually owned one. Look at smiley faces next time. A lot of people might realise im just very sarcastic rather than uppity. Will try and tone down the sarcasm.

Money isn't an issue. I could buy a 335 but would go for the diesel if it was me. Especially if it was a daily driver. But as amazing as they are to drive they just dont feel right when im behind the wheel if you know what I mean? Amazing technically. Same as the Porsche I was working on as part of my degree. Utterly amazing car and incredibly capable it just didnt give me the feeling that I had to own one. Im just not a fan of the new BMW's I still think the E30 M3 was the greatest version of the 3 series. And would be the one I would buy if I was getting a BMW. Far more fun to drive. Rawer etc. Love them! I just find BMW's so refined they lose there souls.

Never been to hope hospital. But damn you must have hated Salford what a God awful place that is. I'm from Whitefield / Prestiwch area if that helps.

My self importance is not very high though mate. Im one of the most selfless people you could ever meet. I gave up pretty much everything apartment etc to move back home and help my mother who lost her leg recently. Yes I miss it but I moved back home to help my mother and would make the same decision again if I had to. I used to have an apartment on whitworth street. Wasn't doing bad for someone whos only 23.

If I come across as uppity and narcissistic tell me to shut the **** up lol. I wont care. Just sometimes gob well fingers on here engage before brain. And sometimes I think what I'm trying to say just comes across the wrong way on the net.

My view is if you work hard in life you deserve the rewards be they cars, nice house, family etc. If you sponge off mummy and daddy or turn into a chav benefit sponging **** then you deserve very little. You put nothing into the world you deserve to get nothing back. So sorry if you thought I was being condescending. Really was not meant to come across that way.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

I think you will like the FRPP stingers!!

I have them and love'em. As a matter of fact I have a JLT II and dyno tune as well.

I'm not a gear-head either but I'm slowly but surely turning into one.

Welcome to the board.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
olaosunt

Wozz
Sorry mate![8D] the "tongue sticking out face" did not make it unto the page.Iapologize for being overly sensitive and I may have over reacted-My Bad!!.I know I too sometimes say things on line I may not say in person(May be its the anonimity)andend up coming across all wrong.
I am sorry to hear about your mum butyou sound like you have your head and heart in the right place(more than I did at 23!!).
I did work at the Hope Hospital in Salford for about 2 years as a junior doc and yes I hated every minute of it but it was close enough to Manchester which was a lot of fun.I agree with all you say about paying your dues as I remember I drove a 4 cylinder renault clio at the time.I am just able now to afford a BMW( I have always wanted one) after umpteen years of school and working.I never thought I would drive a mustang back then untill I say the present generation-and it was love at first drive.Are they importing the new mustangs over there and is the steering on the wrong side?[8D]
PXstang Dude,thanks,the Mufflers just arrived this morning so I cant wait.I am going to get them put on at a muffler shop(although I am sure I could proabaly do it myself-yea, right) since I am still a "newbie wannabe gearhead"but they are only charging $30 dollars and at least I know they will be done right.I hope they will also be able to address any of the "dreaded drone " if get it andnot able to tolerate it.I think I read someone mention resonators.Would adding the FRRP X pipe help?.
I am sorry to digress from the topic,just cant wait to get home!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

BMW owners, owning several myself, including an M3, are generally ********. My friend was a service writer for a BMW dealer and he said 3 series owners were the biggest ones of the whole group. I like to believe I am not one nor was I when I owned the cars. They are great cars as are the Mustangs, but unfortunately here in SOCAL there are alot of spoiled kids getting the 335's and M3's as gifts from their parents. Unfortunately, these arrogant a$$holes are making these HIPO machines get a bad reputation. Its not the car, its the owners. Besides, if you were to drop half as much of the price difference between an M3 and a GT, you could seriously embarrass one of those corksuckers.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

Never been cut off by an M3, but I definitely had a new one riding my *** about 9 months ago pretty bad... I was heading home from work driving my 2000 V6 when this dude comes hauling *** up behind me, well I was already doing about 10 mph over but there were vehicles in the right lane that were going slow, so I just kept on moving in the lefty. After about 30 seconds of steadily moving by traffic, he just stayed glued to my *** and started flipping me off, so I eased off the gas and slowed to the speed limit. He didn't like that very much apparently, so when I switched lanes to let him go by, he didn't go by, he sat upright in his seat, turned his head all the way to the right to check his blind spot, then got behind me and continued to ride my ***.

I definitely don't recommend you do what I did to ANYBODY as it's unsafe and NOT cool, and I'll never do it again, but I've run across more douche bags in 3 series coupes that think they're the s*** and ride your *** than I can remember. So, when the one guy driving a brand new M3 did it, then refused to back off, even when I switched lanes, he caught the e-brake, then promptly got his $50,000 vehicle loogied upon as he swerved to the left.

At the time I was REALLY pissed, but he must've caught me on the right day because he was lucky I didn't wait for him to look to the left to switch lanes before I pulled the brake. I probably would've made him rear end me and got a new car plus some loot that day. So seriously, don't sweat the little guys that just want to cut you off, or ride your ***. I knew my car wouldn't leave him so I moved, he persisted and got punished, but I definitely wouldn't do it if I had the chance again, it was very foolish and could've injured or killed quite a few people.

Most of those that drive like that and cut people off by inches, or undertake, or whatever, aren't even up to par with the level my grandmother has behind the wheel in my opinion. So what do you think will happen when they have an emergency where they have to move their vehicle quickly and decisively and defensively? They smash head on into another vehicle or whatever, so just let them go and don't **** them off. Atleast you're delaying the carnage a little, and maybe they'll wrap that M3 (or mustang) around a pole instead of T-boning a van full of kids.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

M3 owners cry like little bitches when your 'stang cracks their track record - ask me how I know
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olaosunt

Wozz
Sorry mate![8D] the "tongue sticking out face" did not make it unto the page.Iapologize for being overly sensitive and I may have over reacted-My Bad!!.I know I too sometimes say things on line I may not say in person(May be its the anonimity)andend up coming across all wrong.
I am sorry to hear about your mum butyou sound like you have your head and heart in the right place(more than I did at 23!!).
I did work at the Hope Hospital in Salford for about 2 years as a junior doc and yes I hated every minute of it but it was close enough to Manchester which was a lot of fun.I agree with all you say about paying your dues as I remember I drove a 4 cylinder renault clio at the time.I am just able now to afford a BMW( I have always wanted one) after umpteen years of school and working.I never thought I would drive a mustang back then untill I say the present generation-and it was love at first drive.Are they importing the new mustangs over there and is the steering on the wrong side?[8D]
PXstang Dude,thanks,the Mufflers just arrived this morning so I cant wait.I am going to get them put on at a muffler shop(although I am sure I could proabaly do it myself-yea, right) since I am still a "newbie wannabe gearhead"but they are only charging $30 dollars and at least I know they will be done right.I hope they will also be able to address any of the "dreaded drone " if get it andnot able to tolerate it.I think I read someone mention resonators.Would adding the FRRP X pipe help?.
I am sorry to digress from the topic,just cant wait to get home!
Importing the stang myself going out to NY to stay with a friend. You can get them here not through Ford but indepedant dealers. Bauer millet in manchester etc. But there charging rip off prices especially since the exchange rate is getting better all the time. Now over $2 to £1. Yet there still wanting £25k for a premium £30k if you want right hand drive conversion (Im not fussed about that) But Doing the work my self I get a holiday and save around £7k so far I have managed to get it down to which is enough for a few mods.

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

M3 owners cry like little bitches when your 'stang cracks their track record - ask me how I know
M3 is a great car very capable. But a half decently modded mustang on a half decent track say I dont know the topgear test track with The Stig driving the cars will be faster. These are the power lap times below all the best times scored by the vehicles at the hands of The Stig.

Roush Stage 3 1:27.9
Dodge Viper SRT-10 1:28.5
Porsche 911 carrera S 1:28.9
EVO 8 1:28.9
Shelby GT500 1:30.1
Vauxhall Monaro VXR (Pontiac GTO 6.0) 1:30.1
Subaru Impreza STi 1:30.1
Porsche 911 Turbo 1:31.0
Honda NSX Type R 1:31.6
M3 1:31.8
Nissan 350Z 1:31.8

Just goes to prove a Mustang can be a bloody fast car round a track. As Clarkson also said it was a properly brilliant car that he loved. So right there you have a Mustang beating most other sports cars its competing against and a few it isn't. The EVO is usually held in high regard as a great performaning car so with that in mind knowing the Roush is faster remember thats a UK market EVO. Which has 305hp not 286hp like the American version. Its also got Yaw control and a few other bits and can effectively transfer all of its power to 1 wheel if it senses the others lose grip. It makes it very very capable around corners as it will transfer the power where it is needed. Unlike a permanent 4wd system which can cause unwanted understeer. So expect the US market one to be slower still round the track.