Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP

damn. lol, went from about 10K to 20K and now 31K. I want to see Norse race him also, just so I have something to compare it to.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

That would be interesting to see. Looking forward to the video.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Its gonna be crazy.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Not to rain on your parade but what is he going to do about the TB?

The biggest one out right now is the dual 62mm from BBK. They are working on their bigger V10 model but don't have it dialed in yet.

Jim Bell has been working on my custom dual 72mm and manifold for over a month now and still haven't gotten it down.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but no way you're frined is going to break 800 rwhp without a remedy to the current TB problem.

The smallest pulley you can run is a 2.5" and that is only going to make about 16-18 psi. The way we get more psi is by playing with the crank pulley's and then we can get 22-23 psi but the TB can't handle it.

My car falls flat at 6K rpm and I have to shift at 5800 rpm. I cannot run over 16 psi on a 2 3/4" pulley. This is because of the TB. The car needs more air period.

The good news is once we figure it out on my car, then it will be out for everyone. But for now, don't expect more than 700 rwhp cause you won't get it untl we get a TB solution done.

BUT - HP isn't everything... I make 501 rwhp and run 10.60's on a DD... The day I make 680 rwhp is the day I make a 9 sec pass. (it's coming soon...)

The reason the GT500 makes over 800 witht he 2.8 kit is because of the dual 72mm TB. KB has been trying to make a manifold to adapt to the GT but it is harder than you think it is and over a month has gone by while they've ben testing it and it still isn't dialed in. I'm on a short list for this TB and wating patiently.

you bring up a good point. however; we're addressing this issue...............they use some kind of monster single-blade oval throttle body, i think accufab, custom fabbed for this application. ill get you more info on it if you want, when i find out.

haha donnie......that'll be a good race.............this kid is terrified to push his car haha.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:46 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

what gears are going in the rear end? Stock 3.31?

I'm going out of town this weekend but anytime after monday we can do that oil change if you need help.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:25 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

The biggest one out right now is the dual 62mm from BBK. They are working on their bigger V10 model but don't have it dialed in yet.

Jim Bell has been working on my custom dual 72mm and manifold for over a month now and still haven't gotten it down.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but no way you're frined is going to break 800 rwhp without a remedy to the current TB problem.

The smallest pulley you can run is a 2.5" and that is only going to make about 16-18 psi. The way we get more psi is by playing with the crank pulley's and then we can get 22-23 psi but the TB can't handle it.

My car falls flat at 6K rpm and I have to shift at 5800 rpm. I cannot run over 16 psi on a 2 3/4" pulley. This is because of the TB. The car needs more air period.

The good news is once we figure it out on my car, then it will be out for everyone. But for now, don't expect more than 700 rwhp cause you won't get it untl we get a TB solution done.

BUT - HP isn't everything... I make 501 rwhp and run 10.60's on a DD... The day I make 680 rwhp is the day I make a 9 sec pass. (it's coming soon...)

The reason the GT500 makes over 800 witht he 2.8 kit is because of the dual 72mm TB. KB has been trying to make a manifold to adapt to the GT but it is harder than you think it is and over a month has gone by while they've ben testing it and it still isn't dialed in. I'm on a short list for this TB and wating patiently.

you bring up a good point. however; we're addressing this issue...............they use some kind of monster single-blade oval throttle body, i think accufab, custom fabbed for this application. ill get you more info on it if you want, when i find out.

haha donnie......that'll be a good race.............this kid is terrified to push his car haha.

I have no idea what im talking about; but i do remeber reading something like this in fffm mag when they did the 800+ rwhp KB GT500; they had to change the tb or something like that to push the psi past 20.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Bwuahahaha what a build-up. Also Thank God you have 1080i capable video I can't wait!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

This is going to be one bad machine. And only 2 1/2 weeks, thats pretty damn fast. Video ASAP please, LOL.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

I would be very interested in this info...thanks. I know Adam at ST used a custom accufab TB and was able to make 20 psi and about 700 rwhp and that was all the TB could take. Perhaps they have something else now cause the one he used from acufab was a dual.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

That all sounds killer and I can't wai to see it.
I'd beware of the Stailness Works exhuast you mention though. All the good guys over there have quit recently and the entire compnay is in chaos. I buy systems from them for the cars we work on and lately it has been a complete nightmare of mistakes, wrong shipping, crap workmanship, etc. Be real careful with them until they get things back in order there in OH.

Quick Reply: friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP