Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sorry to bother but need your help one more time...i promise :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default sorry to bother but need your help one more time...i promise :)

I finally got the JBA Lts installed and ran into a problem with the O2 sensors...I bought the extentions and they do not reach the ones they are intended for...

question #1...can the o2s that were on the cats be put on the collectors instead of the end of the H pipe?

#2 what is the Tq spec for the rack and pinion?

#3 are me wiring up the O2 pointless since the car is going to be retuned and can be bypassed

#4 are they normally bypassed when you put in LTs?

thanks and sorry for being a pest but the instructions sucked and I didnt find anything on the search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sorry to bother but need your help one more time...i promise :)

ORIGINAL: hotairgypsy

I finally got the JBA Lts installed and ran into a problem with the O2 sensors...I bought the extentions and they do not reach the ones they are intended for...

question #1...can the o2s that were on the cats be put on the collectors instead of the end of the H pipe?

#2 what is the Tq spec for the rack and pinion?

#3 are me wiring up the O2 pointless since the car is going to be retuned and can be bypassed

#4 are they normally bypassed when you put in LTs?

thanks and sorry for being a pest but the instructions sucked and I didnt find anything on the search

1.- No you have front and rear O2 sensors that go before and after the catalytic converter respectively.
2.- I don’t know the exact torque spec, I didn’t use one, but I guess it is around 25 -35 ft/lb if you don’t get the right number use some red loctite to be safe. ( I assume you are talking about the steering column That is what I disconnected when I installed mine)
3.- Right, if you are going to get a tune, or if you happen to have a tuner already be it SCT or Diablo you can disable the O2 sensors. You can also disconnect only the rears or the fronts or all of them.
4.- It depends, I have LT ‘s and all 4 O2 sensors are installed and connected. I just used the extension that came with my SW headers.