Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

mustang newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
mustanggirl_23

Default mustang newbie!!

Ok I just bought an '06 mustang gt in february with 8500 miles on it. This is my first mustang and I honestly don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm in the process of learning. Whenever I would make slow turns I would here a low pitch squeal. My bf looked at it and seems to think that I need either a new serpentine belt or belt tensioner. I'm just curious if this part is covered by warranty. Thanks in advance! BTW I absolutely LOVE this car!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: mustang newbie!!

Welcome aboard and this is a great place to learn and meet new people. If your car is a 2006, it should be still be covered so take it to Ford. Probably nothing major.
Good luck.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It should be covered under warranty. There are many threads about thunks and clunks and squeals from the front end suspension. I would take it in and see what they say. Welcome to the boards!!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustanggirl_23

Ok I just bought an '06 mustang gt in february with 8500 miles on it. This is my first mustang and I honestly don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm in the process of learning. Whenever I would make slow turns I would here a low pitch squeal. My bf looked at it and seems to think that I need either a new serpentine belt or belt tensioner. I'm just curious if this part is covered by warranty. Thanks in advance! BTW I absolutely LOVE this car!!!
Hell of a coincidence since mine was the same only at the beginning of May almost at 10K miles now. Anyways welcome to the madness as stated above dealer should cover that, seems the belt should be though at this stage. Whats the mialge on it now? Whats the condition of the belt, any signs of wear? Not real sure what goes bad on a tensioner. Where does this noise come from, are you sure its not brakes or something of that nature?

Oh one more thing:
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]lets see the new pony
Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

welcome...[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
damn I was all excited until you mentioned the bf lol...
Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

bad richie bad
Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the club. Definitely still under warranty.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
mustanggirl_23

The mileage on it now is about 15000...i love driving it. BF said there were no signs of wear, no cracks. Sounds like it is coming from the front end of the car. Haven't checked the brakes yet. s197richie...sorry to disappoint you.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I could be wrong it has been known to happen but I have a hard time believing its a belt at 15k miles with no signs of wear. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order, have them ride with you so you can point out the issue to them. That way they dont come back 3 days later tell you nothing is wrong and act brainless(well ok its a dealership they might act brainless anyways but still)
Old 07-08-2007, 09:02 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

theres a tsb on this,happened to me and alot of other mustangs.you hear a whining noise comeing from the rear when you turn slowly. its the clutchpacks.ford messed up and put wrong sizes in or something when they built them.i took mine in at 8 and got it back by noon the same day.

Quick Reply: mustang newbie!!