Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2007 Mustang GT - Dealer Supercharger Voids Warranty!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Mustang GT - Dealer Supercharger Voids Warranty!!!

If you are going to mod the car and worried about losing your extended warranty, go get your money back for the warranty. You can do that. You may not get it all back because they will prorate it.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

excellent choice, i can see you've done some good research

ORIGINAL: raredesign

Does that even make sense? I purchased the 84,000 mile bumper2bumper warranty and I am now told that even if Ford installs one of their Ford Racing / Roush SuperChargers, it will void my warranty, which I will still have to pay for.
That is nuts.
So what are my options? Are there stronger OEM or such internals that I can have put in without voiding my warranty?Such as throttle body, oil cooler, intercooler, utility radiater, machined head, different cams...anything?

First thing, I am going to be putting on a weaponR secret weapon Intake. I love that thing!
Are the ram air shaker kits worth it?
Which brings me to another thing; I really don't like how small the shaker scoop is, so if I were to go with it, I would prefer to have a large functional scoop on the top that would cover it...chrome, or red like my car. What do you think?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

If you are going to mod the car and worried about losing your extended warranty, go get your money back for the warranty. You can do that. You may not get it all back because they will prorate it.
If you cancel within the first 60 days you get all of it except 50 bucks(processing fee), this varies i some states. Look int he National Provisions Booklet that should have come with your paper work. It has all the info you need to cancel if you decide to go that route.

I tried to post twice before and got kicked so we'll see. The roush charger has a 3 yr 36k power train warranty as I understand it, the frpp page does state it'll void the warranty, however I dont see them leagaly being able to void the entire warranty due to a super charger install.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

well, I am going to keep the warranty, as it covers everything else. They told me that even if I were to hit a curb and bust up my 18" rim, they would replace it no problem.

As long as it only voids the warranty on the engine, maybe in a couple years i will put on a supercharger. I just wondered what I can do in the meantime that will not void it...shaker etc.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Wait! now don't go getting brand snobby on us here, I have always been a FORD fan, have owned plenty of Stangs, Capri's, TBirds and F150's. Now I have my 07 GT and my 06 Ram Quad Cab, I like my Ram 1500 Quad Cab...ALOT!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you are having the same issue I was. But to answer your question, just about any mod you put on your car could and will void your warranty as far as the dealer is concerned, but first the dealer must prove that what you installed caused the problem. But for supercharger which is what I am having installed the Roush or Ford Racing should not void your warranty if you can find a certified tech to install it, and that goes for the Saleen also. I am going with the Saleen charger but have not found a certified installer, even the dealerships that sale and service Saleen's won't touch it. So you need to make up your mind on whether or not it is worth voiding your drive train warranty at least to some degree. As for the extended warranty you purchased you should be able to get a refund on the part of the warranty you paid for since you techincally have not even used it.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Does that even make sense? I purchased the 84,000 mile bumper2bumper warranty and I am now told that even if Ford installs one of their Ford Racing / Roush SuperChargers, it will void my warranty, which I will still have to pay for.
That is nuts.
So what are my options? Are there stronger OEM or such internals that I can have put in without voiding my warranty?Such as throttle body, oil cooler, intercooler, utility radiater, machined head, different cams...anything?

First thing, I am going to be putting on a weaponR secret weapon Intake. I love that thing!
Are the ram air shaker kits worth it?
Which brings me to another thing; I really don't like how small the shaker scoop is, so if I were to go with it, I would prefer to have a large functional scoop on the top that would cover it...chrome, or red like my car. What do you think?
It's not that Roush SC's void the warranty but only the OEM 3/36K mile will be honored. Extended warranties (even Ford ESP) is not the OEM warranty so I can see that being worded in a way to void beyond 3/36K if a SC is installed.

Read Roush's own statement
http://www.roushperformance.com/about_company.shtml

"The ROUSHchargerTM, a supercharger system, could be viewed as a microcosm of the entire ROUSH Performance line. Due to the engineering and quality of the product, it is the industry’s only aftermarket supercharger that continues the factory drivetrain warranty on the car, and the only one to carry a full 3 year/36,000 mile warranty (see web site for details)"

The caveat is that it MUST be installed by a roush dealer. If your dealership is not an authorized roush repair facility then they have no business installing the SC. Contact roush, talk to them first before giving up.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dex

I've seen guys on here post they had a CAI and they wouldnt do work on the car. No reason to have them do anything to your engine after you get it s/c or turbo'd. I dont think it should void the selt belt breaking or something. If they wont replace something like that then get a lawyer.
just wanted to remind everyone that the Lincoln and Merc dealers also do cross-line warranty for Ford, so if your local Ford d!cks toss you out, undo your mod and swing over to the lincoln and merc guys before you hoof it one town over to try again...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

A Rouch SC is gonna run you about 10k installed. You might as well throw a Procharger on it for 6k have better performance & 4K in case you need engine repair.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

well, it is just that like one dude there explained to me; there are 74 computers in the car, each seperately valued at about $1,200 bucks. Doesn't make sense, but that is what he said. What the chances are of something like that goin wrong, I don't know, but this is my first Ford.

Also, supercharging or turboing this, how bad is it on the engine? Am I really just looking for trouble? Will it decrease the life? I am still interested in hearing suggestions about internals.
Do the math on those numbers, 74 computers X $1,200 = $88,000, i think im gonna go find all the computers in my car and sale them on ebay and buy a 3 new stangs, and do it all over again. IM RICH BITCH!
LOL

I was thinking the same thing with the math.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang GT - Dealer Supercharger Voids Warranty!!!