Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bought the Ford Racing Whipple Today!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bought the Ford Racing Whipple Today!!

Kick A$$!! I should be ordering my Saleen SC next week!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Casey39er

You made a great buy. You won't be sorry.
My install was done by a shop and I was there for most of it. It took them about 8-10 Hrs with interruptions. The directions include pictures and are pretty straight forward. The fuel pump install includes a complete new wiring harness. It was a little bit of a pain to get it all strung under the rear seat and through the trunk. But not tooo bad.. Do not forget to use lock-tight on all bolts. I have seen some Do-It-Yourselfinstalls where the bolts have worked their way loose (not good).

Anyway, good luck on the install and welcome to the Whipple Club

BTW: You may want torethink yourforum name now...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Turbosetch

I decided to just re-finance the car to get the cash for the s/c to lazy to save up...Besides debt is the american way of life. Pumped up my car payments about $65 so no biggie really.

Yes I did a lot of research and made a lot of calls to find the best deal and package. Now lets hope the car holds up to the abuse. Also adding water / meth injection to help with the crap 90 octane gas we have up here.

If I can get into the low 12's at the track with street tires I will be very happy.
90 octane, ouch that blows man but congrats on getting blown and welcome to the club! Talk to your tuner about going E85 if it's available and you'll get the octane needed for your setup and won't need water/meth injection.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
kbateman

You got a smoken deal I paid $400.00 more than you. Installed my Whipple 10 PSI HO on my 07 GT last weekend took 16hrs. Best install manual I have ever seen. Read carefully and you will have no problems. Hardest part was installing GT500 fuel pump in fuel tank took over 11/2 hours. Tip when removing old fuel pump note orientation of the pump in the tank. I live only 10 miles from Whipple as we speak the car is at their shop waiting to be dynoed tomorrow. Tomorrow I will post the dyno results!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!your gonna love it!...

[IMG]local://upfiles/31319/19A6DB45970D4546AD32D388F1D46FA2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Grats!!! Excellent choice.
IMO it is very easy to install, try to get some help when you drop the SC in because it is quite heavy, I did it alone and my back kept reminding me for about a week. Take your time to read and understand the manual before you begin, and if you have any doubts dont hesitate to ask.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Turbosetch
1st Gear Member

Thanks all. Some great info here. The last time I had anxiety like this waiting for a package was when when it was blonde, blue eyed, and big boobed.

I used a guy named Chris out of California his number is 818-206-8681, if you tell him Seth sent you he said he will hook people up with same deals. Very smart guy and he pays shipping.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Redleg
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casey39er

My install was done by a shop and I was there for most of it. It took them about 8-10 Hrs with interruptions. The directions include pictures and are pretty straight forward. The fuel pump install includes a complete new wiring harness. It was a little bit of a pain to get it all strung under the rear seat and through the trunk. But not tooo bad.. Do not forget to use lock-tight on all bolts. I have seen some Do-It-Yourselfinstalls where the bolts have worked their way loose (not good).

Nice avatar. Are you a Signal Soldier up on the Retrans hill? I'm stationed on Casey right now.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:10 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Ya I ordered my Whipple from Chris also. He works for a company called YPS. He was able to get me the non-intercooled kit shipped for 4200. He is a great guy to work with.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Casey39er

ORIGINAL: Redleg

ORIGINAL: Casey39er

Nice avatar. Are you a Signal Soldier up on the Retrans hill? I'm stationed on Casey right now.
(No Hijack Intended)

Good pick-up on the avatar and the name. I was the NCOIC on Hill 754 in 1993. Was one of the best duty assignments of my career. I did three tours in Korea, all with the 2nd To None. Have been retired now for eleven years. I still remember all thegood times with the division and down in TDC...

Quick Reply: Bought the Ford Racing Whipple Today!!