Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Want to turn my Stang into a Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Want to turn my Stang into a Porsche 911 Turbo

Anytime
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Hi Lance,

You can build a super Stang for the budget you have. The only mod over the $2000 mark would be the S/C. All others you can do in increment to fit your budget.

Aluminum d/s, 3.73 or 4:10 gears, udps, Eibach spring kit, lca, uca panhard bar, headers and highflow cats, etc. Along with the S/C you could be will over the 450hp mark
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

why dont you put a six speed trans in your car....or look into one of those fancy automatic racing transmissions or something like that, as far as getting the power to the ground and easily and still going fast that should do it right?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:26 AM
LanceH
2nd Gear Member

thanks owero01,
not gonna mess with the gears like I said, lose my top end...

lowering springs like Eibach, D-spec shocks, adj LCA's, alum DS and maybe flywheel...

then maybe adj UCA's, panhard and brace, etc... I'm hoping ~10K installed total

Now that I can stick to anything, I'm thinking SC plus intake and tune....again ~10K... I hope...only SC I think is streetworthy and cheap would be a Saleen Stage 6 with the associated upgrades (fuel pump, plugs, etc...)

Feel free to correct me if I'm way off base.

Thanks,
Lance
Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 AM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

One thing to remember, all the suspension upgrades and blower and brakes. To get into the 500-600 hp range, your going to need basically a complete new engine (internals etc) or do it right and a complete stroker.

Heck my Turbo install and kit was about 7k
Brakes were about 5k (though got a sick deal)
Complete Stroker, D/S Tq converter everything!! Installed built around 13k
Then you'll need a tranny, the one I want with everything is going to cost 6-8k
I'm going to have to upgrade some of my suspension, even though I am better than a stock GT
All in All end of this year I will have 35-40k into my already 45k car. So I'm at 85k into my car (damn I should of just bought that Z06)LOL

Point is, find out whats going to make you happy and stick to it, stick to your budget or by them time you know it you will have invested a ton of money and will not be happy. IMO sounds like to me you need to get a sports bike, cause if you can't afford a Porsche 911 or GT500 KR etc then you can't afford to go all the way in competing in with those cars.

PS. Straight line will be the easy part, its the handling you will have issues with.
Good luck
Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 AM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

you realize though all this money you put into the mustang you will never get back...if you buy the porsche its gonna hold its value very very well
Old 07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Maybe there is a slight chance u can keep up with a porsche on curves if u got the griggs complete suspension kit which costs half the price of a mustang.. \

good luck.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
LanceH
2nd Gear Member

You are absolutely right, I love the Stang, but I def can't afford what it takes to make it a "supercar".

So I am thinking leave it as my daily driver.

Or use the '03 Dakota or the '71 Dart.

Buy myself a Kawasaki for 12K, 1/10 $or less than the Porsche but can blow the doors off it.

Hell, I'll kill myself on it long b4 it's paid off, LOL!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

i bet you could take a mazda miata and make it faster then the porshe, or some tuner car, or a 350z, maybe an older corvette or a wrx. one of those evo X's coming out plus some **** could take it i bet.....
Old 07-15-2007, 12:46 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: slySTANGguy

you realize though all this money you put into the mustang you will never get back...if you buy the porsche its gonna hold its value very very well

Ummm. Well yeah. Porsche is one of the most overrated cars out there IMO, but yes it will holds its vaule.
No one mods there car should expect to get there money back. I mod my car because thats my hobby. Though I think my Saleen will hold its vaule better than most, but mods never hold there vaule, I dont care if its a modded porsche.

My car is paid for and so are my mods, so thats as close as getting mymoney back than most.

Quick Reply: Want to turn my Stang into a Porsche 911 Turbo