Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car Vandalized

Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car Vandalized

doesn't Clifford also add protection agaist theft...I'd be looking at the paperwork that came with my alarm as well. Also was the system professionally installed? Look to the installer too. then have an attorney contact the park and see what they intend to do, most of the release upon parking in their lot is null if they charge you for parking, and it usally only releases them from MINOR damage. It's worth a serious look into their policies.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damquick1

doesn't Clifford also add protection agaist theft...I'd be looking at the paperwork that came with my alarm as well. Also was the system professionally installed? Look to the installer too. then have an attorney contact the park and see what they intend to do, most of the release upon parking in their lot is null if they charge you for parking, and it usally only releases them from MINOR damage. It's worth a serious look into their policies.
Absolutely I'd check into this as both the alarm company and the ins company should cover this. Also check with ford they may have something on that as well. That sucks, I always worry some when my car is in a public parking lot, if you park too close people ding the **** out our doors and if it's to far away it becomes a bigger target than it already is. With the popularity and wanted attention that comes with a mustang unwanted attention is often attracted as well.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

Where I parked was in the "free lot." I was going to park in the $5 parking but it apparently was full and I was directed to the top. Other cars were filling in and no one was even next to me at the time. The area was basically full but desolate once I had returned, cars all around me though.

From what I've been reading in the booklets provided from Clifford, it doesn't seem like there's much I can do. "It refunds your insurance deductible up to $2500 if your vehicle is stolen with Matrix installed and armed - whether your vehicle is recovered or not." Well, that won't help me much. But the best line in the small print is, "Directed security systems, including this unit, are deterrents against possible theft. Directed is not offering a guarantee or insrance against vandalism, damage or theft of the automobile, its parts or contents; and hereby expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever, including without limitation, liability for theft, damage and/or vandalism." So I don't think the alarm company will help me out but I will check the place that I had it professionally installed at. Because if the crooks knew enough to pop the hood and cut the wire to the alarm speaker, then something's not right with the alarm system. That was a great $400 "investment" I put into keeping my car safe.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Maybe the security guy was tipping people off to cars with alot of good stuff on it if 2 more got broken into that day and still nothing was done to step up patrols. Just something to think about.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Same here. I won't even bother with these $1k touch screen dvd jobs. Might as well leave cash sitting on the dash.

ORIGINAL: blk05stang

Sorry to hear this man. This is the main reason I havent bought a nice GPS touch screen head unit. It's too easy to see it and I've had my car broken into in the past for an aftermarket head unit.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

Maybe I should just sell all the replacement audio/video equipment and put the money towards performance mods...
Old 07-15-2007, 04:01 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Also some things to think about:

Was your alarm recently installed?

Did you have to leave the installers a key to leave inside the car so that they could override the factory smart key feature?

See, I instantly thought of the people who installed the alarm as soon as I heard this. Whoever did this knew what you had in the car and probably knew what alarm you had if they were able to disable it so quickly that a security guard didn't hear it.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

...so they followed him to a company day get-together, waited until the armed guard wasn't around and then vandalized it?
NO, it was probably just professional car thieves. I wish people would stop buying stolen stereos, drivers, speakers, etc.
Tinted windows will cause a thief to wonder what you're hiding in there. If the cell phone or iPod were visible, then it's practically like daring them to steal it.
Please consider using a lockable car cover to hide your goodies from the prying eyes of people who should have had their hands cut off last time they were arrested!

Why was the window off the car? Is that how they get around the alarm, which might be only activated by the door opening? My trunk can be opened without the alarm going off, but at least there's no access to the rest of the car from the trunk.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

My trunk can be opened without the alarm going off, but at least there's no access to the rest of the car from the trunk.
I can get the seats down through the trunk its not that hard to do.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

I am so sorry dude. Dont worry, there are some nice people in this world who will help you get your stang back into good condition. I dont personally know how you didn't flip out and like go crazy. I know that if someone laid a hand on mine, they would suffer. Maybe you just are more reasonable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Vandalized