Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i have ****ing had it with this piece of **** car

Old 07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
y22kc

Default RE: i have ****ing had it with this piece of **** car

I had the same problem, go read the link below to see how to fix it. It worked for me!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=throttle+body
Old 07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: y22kc

I had the same problem, go read the link below to see how to fix it. It worked for me!

wow that's perfect, exactly what i needed!!!! that is exactly what is happening!!! sometimes it feels like the TB sticks under moderate throttle! thats why it feels inconsistent!

and of course it makes sense since i have an aftermarket intake which had a heavily oiled filter, and over time i could see that building up.

where can i get this TB cleaner? i guess at any auto parts store?

you may be a noob, but this is the most helpful post ever. welcome to the forums! this describes my problem perfectly, and would make even more sense since its not as bad when it's really hot out/engine has heat soaked, b/c at this point the oil residue would be less viscous.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
y22kc

Thanks for the welcome and no problem! I got the cleaner at Advance Auto Parts, it's made by CRC. I took my TB off so I could clean the rear of it too. Hope it works for ya!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

AmericanMuscle4.6GT,
You obviously have not been paying attention to all of the suggestionsin this thread, because it'sbeen previously mentioned that a dirty TB may be causing your problem, and cleaning it may solve it.

ORIGINAL: BillyBobJoe

I've seen the idle problem before in a few other cars and a simple cleaning of the TB fixed it. But I'd try resetting it first. And yes, I agree. It's basically a love-hate relationship. I miss the old cable systems. I hate DBW and I personally would prefer the old cable clutch too. I swear these cars have moods
ORIGINAL: ski
Sometimes the best method for troubleshooting a problem is to return to square 1 => Reinstall the stock intake and stock tune.
If the problem stops, then it's probably the Brenspeed tune.
If the problem continues, then it's probably either a dirty or bad throttle body, or a vacuum leak. Make sure all vacuum connections are secure, and all hoses are in good shape(no cracks or holes). If they're ok, then clean out the throttle body with a soft cloth(no cleaners please). If that does not help, then have the dealer check out the TB.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Glad to see it is working foryou and problem is solved. You can get the brake cleaner at any auo parts store...Murrays or auto zone and even Meijers
ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: y22kc

wow that's perfect, exactly what i needed!!!! that is exactly what is happening!!! sometimes it feels like the TB sticks under moderate throttle! thats why it feels inconsistent!

and of course it makes sense since i have an aftermarket intake which had a heavily oiled filter, and over time i could see that building up.

where can i get this TB cleaner? i guess at any auto parts store?

you may be a noob, but this is the most helpful post ever. welcome to the forums! this describes my problem perfectly, and would make even more sense since its not as bad when it's really hot out/engine has heat soaked, b/c at this point the oil residue would be less viscous.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

are u sure brake cleaner is OK?

do they really sell throttle body cleaner?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:06 AM
y22kc

http://www.crcindustries.com/auto/co...=05078&S=N

This is the stuff I got from Advance Auto Parts. I'm sure all of them have it, even saw it at walmart last night