Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Uploading Nitrous Tune While Driving..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Uploading Nitrous Tune While Driving..

There are pros and cons to all form of FI and you are quickly finding out some of the cons to N20.

Nothing beats on demand power IMO.

Driving around and waiting to hit your N20 will give a a few unpleasant suprises and for one, any person with real juice experience will tell you your N20 shot won't be anywhere near what you expect if that bottle isn't prepped. A bottle blanket and bottle heater are mandatory if you plan on having the spray ready on demand.

The other big con to N20 is the length of use IMO. I don't cre what anyone tells you that bottle goes quick when you use it! Even a big 15 lb bottle will drain quickly if you are playing around on the street often. Most guys I see on the street waste 80% of their juice purging every chance they get for 2 minutes...lol

Nah, Nitrous is for the track IMO and set-up properly can be a mean ***** at the track but that's where it belongs IMO.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

If you want to use it on the street you need a remote bottle opener, and a bottle warmer. you can drive with the nitrous tune your car just wont perform as well when not spraying as it could on a tune for no nitrous, but chances are if your looking for performance at a certain time then your gonna be spraying.

Oh yeah, you shouldnt use nitrous on the street blah blah blah...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Hmm

I take it, the NOS Nitrous kit for stangs doesnt include the remote bottle opener and bottle warmer.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

Hmm

I take it, the NOS Nitrous kit for stangs doesnt include the remote bottle opener and bottle warmer.
You don't need a remote bottle opener, unless you plan on driving around for hours and hours. Just open the bottle when you leave and close the bottle when you get where you're going. No kits come with a bottle warmer, that's another $100+.

Funny how the people saying nitrous is a bad idea are the ones with blowers.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Hmm

You don't need a remote bottle opener, unless you plan on driving around for hours and hours. Just open the bottle when you leave and close the bottle when you get where you're going. No kits come with a bottle warmer, that's another $100+.

I think the disadvantages of the bottle were clearly stated being costthe only advantage, a blower gives100or +200hp on demand and you dont have to refill or prepit , but if someone think it is a good idea it is perfectly fine with me.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Hmm

I think the disadvantages of the bottle were clearly stated being costthe only advantage, a blower gives100or +200hp on demand and you dont have to refill or prepit , but if someone think it is a good idea it is perfectly fine with me.
There are disadvantages to a blower besides the intial cost. How many post do you see with people having problems with their blown stangs? Plus the pain in the butt to install vs. easy install of nitrous. The cost and less problems will eventually lead me to the bottle. I can't say i'll stay on it, if I get another daily driver I may spring for a S/C.

I'm not even going to respond to hawgmans post.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking about adding a s/c, however after reading how many trouble you may run into i changed my mind. Due the fact that you can't dyno your car here (no dyno in the country), and if i'm correct with thewrong tune, your timing won't be accurate causing detonation.

Plus i don't need the extra power all the time. i barely need it at all. Just want itto be able toput my ricy friends in their place. Just need to get into the low 13's. Then ill be satisfied.( but i'll probably want to get in the high 12's when i'm in the low 13's...and so on and so on lol). Another reason, is that my current times are 14.2/14.3 sec. I've got my 20" wheels on and don't wana replace them.
Are the 75shot + CAI+TUNE enough to put me in the low 13's?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

I fully respect your decision, and if all you want is bursts of power every now and then, NOS could be your ticket.
In defense of FI I have to disagree with you, be more dicerning and dont beleive everything you read as most are either incomplete stories or tales of someone who read somwhere, or was told by someone etc., mostSC complaints refer to: A) Belt slippage, detected by black rubber deposits, as it turns out that is a normal condition in all GT's as stated in Ford's own shop manuals and is not a reaon of concern or to replace the belt, it is caused because the grooves in the Ford pulleys and belts does not match exactly, I've never read a post about someone actuallyhearing the typical belt slippage sound you know like when an alternator bearing locks up. B) Belt shredding, blame it on lousy installation, over or under torqued pulleys, etc,
You dont have to beleive me if you want tofollow up on these "problems" make a poll among owners onlyto see how many people have experienced a problem with a SC that has not been resolved, and do some research on NOS related problems, borrowing fordfanboy's words in another post ANY mod will give some problems as thesmall aftermarket vendors dont have the money to run long durability tests as car manufacturers do.
Finally You'll see factory cars with Turbos, twin screws, roots but I have yet to see a NOS equipped factory car, that gives you an idea of what is reliable and practical for street useand what is not.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrm1900
Finally You'll see factory cars with Turbos, twin screws, roots but I have yet to see a NOS equipped factory car, that gives you an idea of what is reliable and practical for street useand what is not.
touche -

Quick Reply: Uploading Nitrous Tune While Driving..