Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY A TB WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FINALLY A TB WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!!!

It would be nice to see the development of a flexible, rubber or plastic intake that would fit under stock hoods. It doesn't seem like a 5" rigid steel piece would fit under here.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

my god. its huge.

i can only speculate that this is a mod for highly modded, forced induction cars pushing upwards of 600-700 RWHP, correct? otherwise you'll kill your torque and driveability.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Steel is 100% better than plastic or rubber and Adam wil have custom kits for all the s/c's including the saleen. I'm not sure if that's going to include relocating the intake or if it will adapt with the current set-up. I don't know and we'll just have to wait and see. Perhpas because of the placement of the Saleen intake kit, the Saleen will incorporate a flex material - I don't know yet. I've just seen the designs so far on the Kb and whipple and looks sweet on them.

I'm having my intake wrapped in CF so I'll post some pics next week when I get my car back to show you how it looks...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

my god. its huge.

i can only speculate that this is a mod for highly modded, forced induction cars pushing upwards of 600-700 RWHP, correct? otherwise you'll kill your torque and driveability.
Not at all - this is going to produce big gains for psi level 8 and up. We just don't know the definitive RWHP numbner yet for any boost level other 16 right now. We know it's 90 rwhp increase for 16 psi and as it gets dyno tested on other applications, more hard number info will be available but this is definitely a good mod for any FI regardless of the boost level and will produce some serious gains. The driveability was the biggest obstacle that KB whipple, BBK and everyone else is still trying to overcome. Adam has succeeded with his set-up as the car idles same as stock...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Well if they are in FL and need a car with a Sallen S/C on it to test i'd like to formally volunteer.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:43 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

That is good news, I hope they can provide good driveability, then I'll put that TB next on my list of mods right after the new internals.
Besides top end power this TB should also improve throttle response.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

All I got to say is Sign Me Up!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

and 1.5 #'s of boost over the stock TB
It seems like you're getting a huge hp gain from a modest increase in boost if the old rule of thumb holds true (i.e. you get a 7% gain in power from every pound of boost increase).

However, if you consider the magnitude of the flow increaseoverthe stock system....it stands to reasonthat you are possibly filling a larger "compartment" offlow with boost. Roughly translated.....even if you make 10 pounds of boost onthe old set-up and 10 pounds on the new set-up,the new set-up would favor more power (since the newer system has to flow more air to see that same 10 pounds of boost). Not sureif this explains the power gains......just some thoughts.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

That sounds like great news to me...keep us posted and it will be interesting to see what my tuner can get from this new TB. I can't wait until it is offered!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Thats an awesome improvement ,

Its just a matter of time before i got the f/i route , i have the money i want to do it right though so im trying to set my car up so it will be f/i ready opposed to having so much power i cant use with everything else stock . thus i added the longtubes and just purchased a great deal of suspension mods so i will keep a watch on this product. thanks for the info

Quick Reply: FINALLY A TB WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!!!