Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Purchased the Saleen SC today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Purchased the Saleen SC today!

i know what he meant, im just having a good time
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

wait......i'm sure he meant YOU!

i was just foolin'
Old 07-19-2007, 06:54 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

cool, first double post....
Old 07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

If you're sticking with the base kit and the stock pulley, I would use the stock airbox and MAF sensor. With the C&L intake you will need a custom tune and will also likely not fit under the stock hood. The C&L Racer MAY fit but likely will have clearance issues as well. What tune will you be using? Are you planning any further upgrades to the kit in the near future? I installed mine myself and can make you aware of some pitfalls in the installation and accessories/upgrades.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

this is mine. im using the saleen tube, with steeda 90maf and intake. also i have cobra 39lb injectors and jdm vacuum lines. im using the 3.6 pullie with a gatorback. with the staoc set up, meaning stock injectors and stock intake set up i bairly made 400 rwhp ith a custom tune. it was sad, i was very upset. that was also with headers, midpipe, no cats, and cat back. after getting the injectors i made 422rwhp and then went with the 3.6 and i now make 452. i would recomend getting a new clucth and flywheel. one of my favorite upgrades i must say. i didnt do that when i had it installed and my first run at the track the tranny went boom, and the tow truck went down the road with my car on the back. i would also recomend some lca and uca. and last good tires. then youll hve a beast. i posted this video earlier but ill post it again. im the yellow mustang at the end. my first 05 was black, hence the name http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ac1d0364-0b3b-461e-8a96-994a0028f255.htm. all in all you will be vry happy once you get it done they way you want it. congrats and welcome to the world of f/i
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

If you're sticking with the base kit and the stock pulley, I would use the stock airbox and MAF sensor. With the C&L intake you will need a custom tune and will also likely not fit under the stock hood. The C&L Racer MAY fit but likely will have clearance issues as well. What tune will you be using? Are you planning any further upgrades to the kit in the near future? I installed mine myself and can make you aware of some pitfalls in the installation and accessories/upgrades.
Did you use the stock airbox? If I got a saleen someday i'd have to use the stock airbox because i'm really starting to think these high flow air filters don't work well in my area, to much dust in the air. I'm waiting for the basic kit to go for $3500, someday.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

awesome! its such a cool/weird feeling when someone goes FI. its like i just wanna say mazel tov. its a special occaision.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:36 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Yes it is the base kit and stock pulley at least for now I want to run it and see what she will do. I am having my tuner do a custom tune, so the C&L should not be a problem except for the fitting part. I spoke with the company I purchased the SC from and he also has a Saleen (shop car) and said he tried the C&L racer but had clearance problems with the alternator. I may just wait on the CAI for now. I am having my tuner do the install, they have installed a couple of them and tuned several. I have been told by several people just to install it myself because it is not the tuff, it just takes time. As for other mods I am having a short throw shifter installed at the time of the SC, exhaust my neighbor is the manager of a local shop and will run either 3" or 3.5" pipe to a pair of flow master from the cats back. I am also looking into some drag radials. But that should be it for now.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

stay away from flowmasters dude. please, unless thier american thunders, and then i still dont recomend, is anyone ellse with me on this
Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Video is SICK! Was that on 50 or 80? I am hoping I don't have any issues, I am just going to run the stock kit for now.

Quick Reply: Purchased the Saleen SC today!