Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple non-intercoled

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default Whipple non-intercoled

What do whipple or SC owners think of this particluar whipple setup. I like the fact it's about agrand less than most intercooled systems I have found so it may be easier to convince the wife and it can be upgraded later on if I want more boost.

NON INTERCOOLED SC SYSTEM
The standard Mustang SC kit boast the industries latest twin-screw supercharger, the W140ax which shares similar technology to the Ford GT supercharger. It also comes with a new aluminum intake manifold, 34lb/hr fuel injectors, Ford Racing spark plugs and PCM flash tool, 95mm MAF, cold air induction system with massive S&B air filter, billet inlet venture for increased air speeds as well as an oversized air-bypass system. This SC system pumps out nearly 415RWHP with 6-psi of boost and is easily upgradeable to the HO intercooled system. The non-intercooled system is available for automatic and manual transmission equipped vehicles.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple non-intercoled

i looked at that kit very closely....in the end, after
looking at the difference in cost, i went with the HO.
-
i would have been extremely happy with the 6psi kit,
knowing what i know now, but am glad i maxed out
the stock (non-forged) engine potential.

either kit you'll be in heaven
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

TY for the info, I may have to go non IC for cost cutting but I'm only looking for a more aggressive DD so the 6 psi may be just perfect with my soon to be installed 3.73's
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I've spoken to Lethal Performance about this and they said, on the installs they've seen, to expect about 375rwhp, not the 415 claimed.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

375 aint bad, probably cost me more to get there N/A than the 4300 for the SC[8D] The biggest reason I'm considering the nonic is cost, and I almost never believe HP claims I'm also looking at the brenspeed saleen packages but thats closer to 5grand(I'm assuming a discount because my SCT came from them) and my wife just isnt buying what I'm selling at this point LOL. What I like about the whipple is it can be upgraded later if I want to go intercooled and up the boost, although that will cost me more in the long run it just might be my ticket into the boostclub
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Old 07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Since you're an auto, have you thought of the non I/C paxton from Brenspeed?? Centri's run great with autos. Killer deal, especially if you already have the tuner, and you can't beat his tunes and customer service! I would call Brent and bend his ear, he's done alot of installs of centris on autos, he'll give you some good advice since he sells the T/S's now too.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM
jerrym
1st Gear Member

exactly how much is the Brenspeed Saleen s/c kit and what does it come with and what else would have to be purchased and also what h.p. gains do you get?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

he has the info on his site
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/saleen.html

Click on teh picture and a pop up comes upe with the info of what comes with it
Old 07-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Brenspeeds stage 1 kit is 470 flywheel so if you figure 20% loss its about 375 at therear wheels. Now the 20% is an approximation, if you only account for 15% loss it's 399rwhp, my guess would be somewhere in the middle for the saleen and the whipple. I have Brents tune and love it so it's a tough choice, I know I cant afford the HO whipple so it would have to be the Non IC. Blue Oval Performance is also right up the road in Vancouver so if I get the whipple from them I just drive up the freeway 45 minutes and pick it up they have it for 4274 which is the best price Ive seen on a TS outside of a couple sales on this site.I've looked at the paxton but centri's have to wind up and I wouldprefer it be thier all the time, with the wind up on my short commuteby the time it wound up it would be time to slow down. I'm still looking at KB as well.

Quick Reply: Whipple non-intercoled