Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-CAL2 "cool" Question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

Default X-CAL2 "cool" Question!

I think it's a cool question.
I got my XCAL2 from Brenspeed with 3 tunes.
I was thinking about trying one Dougs race tunes "B*m@"
Myquestion is How many tunes can you hold in the XCAL2?
Can I download a new tune & keep my other ones?
Thanks, Michael
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: X-CAL2 "cool" Question!

it holds 3....you have to put dougs over a brenspeed tune, you should get the brenspeed tunes emailed from brent first.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I thought it holds 4. 3 that come with it and the original "stock" tune that gets downloaded upon
the initial plug-in. And, I don't know for a fact becuase I don't own one yet but, can't you upload
all the tunes to your pc? Then you could delete them from the tuner and load other tunes onto
it. I assume if you can get tunes emailed to, which in turn you then download onto the tuner, you
cansimply reverse the process to "backup" your tunes to your pc.Correct me if I'm wrong,
because I'mgoing to be getting the combo pkg from B A M A.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

seems to me like you'd have to contact brent and have him email you your original tunes, then you can save them to your cpu along with bama's...then you would overwrite whatever's in your sct as needed, but yeah you can only hold 3 plus the stock tune...IDK if brent would charge for an email of your original tune or not, better email him...
Old 07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You can not transfer them off the SCT onto your computer...technically it holds 4 with the original tune, but obviously you cant actually use that slot since it has to hold the original tune. Like i stated...brent or doug will email you your tunes so you can save them on your computer....I currently have 3 original tunes from Doug, 3 more updated tunes with the CMCV plates added and 1 race tune all for diablo and then the Dougs race, Tillmanspeeds race, 1 brenspeed and 1 VMP all saved on computers. I also have my original backup from the diablo downloaded onto my computer so I will never lose that and can always reload it.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You can not transfer them off the SCT onto your computer...technically it holds 4 with the original tune, but obviously you cant actually use that slot since it has to hold the original tune. Like i stated...brent or doug will email you your tunes so you can save them on your computer....I currently have 3 original tunes from Doug, 3 more updated tunes with the CMCV plates added and 1 race tune all for diablo and then the Dougs race, Tillmanspeeds race, 1 brenspeed and 1 VMP all saved on computers. I also have my original backup from the diablo downloaded onto my computer so I will never lose that and can always reload it.
That's a bummer! Thanks for the heads-up on that howarmat. Saved me the trouble of finding out
the hard way.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

How do you download them from your PC to the XCAL2?
Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You have to a USB cable and the liveload software....directions should be on the SCT website.