Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Helix Tower Power TBS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:44 AM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Helix Tower Power TBS!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: MexGT

Rather see some dyno charts of ppl who have installeditfirst ....than buying it atm.
I agree. I had a 01 Chevy Siverado 5.2L and put one of these on. The butt dyno said nothing to me. And the MPG's stayed relativley the same.

My friend who bough the same truck at the same time, still has his, and he says he feels it is better in the midrange, but then again, he also has headers.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FLA Dreadhead

I bought the helix power tower for my gt, its only like a hundred bucks so what can it hurt, im using it now currently. Im not sure if it added power becuases ive never been dynoed, but it does make a cool whistlin sound when you hit the gas... ive had about 5 people ask me if i was superchared bcuz they can here it in there car when there next to me...but my thing is why not what can it hurt just buy it, just think of it as a nother little project you get to put on your car yourself...i also think it helped with my gas milieage, but it could all just be in my head

My opionion...buy it...
Does it fit perfectly inbetween the throttle body and the K&N Aircharger?
Michael
Old 07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
kenneth h

I have one of those, It works Great for a paper weight. No difference in power or gas milage. It's the only mod I took off the car and not putting back on.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:18 PM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jetstang

I bought the helix power tower for my gt, its only like a hundred bucks so what can it hurt, im using it now currently. Im not sure if it added power becuases ive never been dynoed, but it does make a cool whistlin sound when you hit the gas... ive had about 5 people ask me if i was superchared bcuz they can here it in there car when there next to me...but my thing is why not what can it hurt just buy it, just think of it as a nother little project you get to put on your car yourself...i also think it helped with my gas milieage, but it could all just be in my head

My opionion...buy it...
Michael
Yup it sure does...
and for the rest of you....whats the big deal just try it and see, there like 90 bucks, i have it and i have no complaints...i will put up pictures tomm when the sun is back out...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

You know what really gets these throttle body spacers kickin? Throw a couple of tornados in your intake tube. MAXIMUM HP BABY!

There's one born every minute...
Old 07-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Hell yeah I was thinkin about a twin tornado set-up in the future,but after I get
some slicks to handle that massive HP increase.......and MPG !! lol
Old 07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

My opionion...buy it...
Michael
Yup it sure does...
and for the rest of you....whats the big deal just try it and see, there like 90 bucks, i have it and i have no complaints...i will put up pictures tomm when the sun is back out...
No disrespect, if you like it more power to you, but 90 bucks is a lot of money for a lot of people..
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

My opionion...buy it...
Michael
I know this was answered but obviously he didnt read the post.....

A TBS goes inbetween the TB and the manifold.....not in between a TB and air intake, K&N or otherwise......you will have no problems using this with a CAI although it might cause the CAI to contact other parts of the car they did not before......also, using a plenium cover might not work after installing one of these pretty useless things....the plenium cover does look good as an appearance mod though and that $50-60 is worth it!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:10 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: howarmat

My opionion...buy it...
Michael
I know this was answered but obviously he didnt read the post.....

A TBS goes inbetween the TB and the manifold.....not in between a TB and air intake, K&N or otherwise......you will have no problems using this with a CAI although it might cause the CAI to contact other parts of the car they did not before......also, using a plenium cover might not work after installing one of these pretty useless things....the plenium cover does look good as an appearance mod though and that $50-60 is worth it!
It added about 5 hp and 10 Tq you can totally feel it on the low end.[/blockquote]